AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dinobass
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by dinobass »

Loving this new 'simple" vibe
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Delete
Last edited by amplidood on Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

I really like it. I like the individual letter buttons for mute, solo, etc.

I also like the different color faders for soloed tracks, however I would prefer that the fader turns yellow just like the solo button, personally. That way my eyes are not drawn away from those channels.

I may be able to swap your image files based upon the guidelines you created if others prefer it this way, but I love where you are going here! Thanks for all the amazing effort!
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
groove

Post by groove »

Amp you are amazing!

You nailed it with the solo thing! It always annoyed me from the official GUI; the muted tracks are getting the attention instead of the soloed ones. Now you are giving back the solos all the attention. Fantastic.
The clean and simple buttons are also a welcome addition.

MOTU should hire you as a consultant, really.

Edited: It's funny I have the exact opposite feeling from Kevorkian concerning the yellow color on the muted tracks; for me this is what draws the attention on the mutes instead of the solos.
---------
iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Xeon E5, 64GB ram OS X 10.15.7, UA Apollo 8 Quad + Satellite Quad, UA 2192, Waves V12, LASS Full, VSL, Korg MS-20, Elektron A4, Moog SlimPhatty, NI Komplete13, ROLI, Soundtoys 5, Arturia V Collection, GForce Oddity, Serum.
jlaudon

Post by jlaudon »

Or, another option is to have the soloed track faders show the yellow line instead of the muted tracks?

Either way, it looks really great. Definitely Amplidood should be hired by our favorite company :-).
MacBook Pro 2021 (M1 Ultra) with 64 gigs RAM. DP 11.23
rthorderson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rthorderson »

When I first looked at the transparent fader, I wasn't thinking "it is solo'ed" (which is a cool idea) rather "it is automated" which is another cool piece of info. Maybe I am a dufus, but I have moved the fader dozens of times only to have to end up back where it was (because I forgot I turned the automation on)...

Just a thought...
Randy Thorderson
www.randythorderson.com

Ξ DP8.0 Ξ OS X 10.8.4 64-bit on SSD Ξ MacPro3.1 8-core 2.26GHz Ξ 18GB Ram Ξ 2408mkII w/ 424e Ξ
Ξ NI: Kontakt 5.0, Scarbee (MM, Jay, Pre), AK Piano, B4 II Ξ RealGuitar 3.0 Ξ ModArt Pianoteq Studio 4 Ξ
Ξ Garritan GPO4 & JABB3 Ξ Vir2 Mojo 1.2.1 Ξ Arturia V-Collection, Analog Factory, Analog Lab Ξ MX4 2.2 Ξ
Ξ MachFive3 Ξ Superior Drummer 2 Ξ SSD 3.5 Ξ NomadFactory ProdPack II Ξ Sonalksis Multi-Limit Ξ VEP5 Ξ
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I think I've nailed a compromise on a lot of fronts, as far as the mixer is concerned.... sends that change according to level will be next...

KEVORKIAN

Post by KEVORKIAN »

amplidood wrote:I think I've nailed a compromise on a lot of fronts, as far as the mixer is concerned.... sends that change according to level will be next...

Now THAT is very, very cool. So... the non-solo'd faders go transparent and then flip back to solid when out of solo?
dp7.2 || os 10.6.7 || 2x2.8 (eight core) intel mac pro, 16gb ram || metric halo uln-8 || motu traveler || euphonix mc control || waves mercury || abbey road bundle || mh channelstrip || toontrack sd 2.0, ez drummer, drumtracker || addictive drums || drumcore 3 || ni komplete 5 || reason || bidule || altiverb 6 || omnisphere, stylus RMX || melodyne 3.2 || stillwell || soundtoys || nomad factory|| psp || mpressor || dsm ||
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Love the transparent (muted) faders, love the transport icons. I know James likes the solo/mute/rec/input buttons (to blend in with the rest of the window), but I like muted colors in their inactive state (otherwise the window gets a little too monochromatic). I swear I'm a bassist and not an interior decorator.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
sdfalk

Post by sdfalk »

amplidood wrote:I think I've nailed a compromise on a lot of fronts, as far as the mixer is concerned.... sends that change according to level will be next...

Subtle use of colour and shading...gorgeous.
I've posted before how I've used variations on your designs, but that's
the first one I'd use completely as is.
..For what it's worth.
Last edited by sdfalk on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
A 2018 Mac mini with 16 gb of ram
HUGE bunch o' AU instruments/fx...
A Metric Halo ULN8-3D…mmmmmmm
Remember to eat all your fruits and vegetables!
My OS is The amazingly gratuitous 10.14
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

In the same spirit, can we see the Fader's armed tracks in Record mode switch to red ? Maybe I ask too much or should we ask it to MOTU !
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

corbo-billy wrote:In the same spirit, can we see the Fader's armed tracks in Record mode switch to red ? Maybe I ask too much or should we ask it to MOTU !
Yeah, there are certain things that only code will allow to happen. The .png for faders only has two...one for normal and one for solo off.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

sdfalk wrote:Subtle use of colour and shading...gorgeous.
I've posted before how I've used variations on your designs, but that's
the first one I'd use completely as is.
..For what it's worth.
Man, thanks for that.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

dinobass wrote:Love the transparent (muted) faders, love the transport icons. I know James likes the solo/mute/rec/input buttons (to blend in with the rest of the window), but I like muted colors in their inactive state (otherwise the window gets a little too monochromatic). I swear I'm a bassist and not an interior decorator.
Well, I suggested the transparent faders. I would use them when a track is muted or not soloed. When a track is playing have the normal white faders as they are.

As far as the solo/mute/rec/input buttons blending in, I did that in my mixing board mod for the same reason of having the empty effects inserts blend in (my mixing board mod was the first mod to use this idea as well). The rationale for this is to make the mixing board less cluttered and easier on the eyes. That was also the reason for dispensing with the black triangles in each insert or the textured solo/mute/rec/input buttons,

The point here is this: If you take in the mixing board as a whole, stretched across a large monitor, ONLY THE RELEVENT ELEMENTS SHOULD JUMP OUT AT YOU. When the solo/mute/rec/input buttons are different muted shades it increases the clutter, and actual ACTIVE buttons don't "pop" as well. In my mixing board theme the whole point of this (and again empty inserts that blend in) is for the mixing board to not assault your visual senses with with controls that ARE NOT BEING CURRENTLY USED.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:The point here is this: If you take in the mixing board as a whole, stretched across a large monitor, ONLY THE RELEVENT ELEMENTS SHOULD JUMP OUT AT YOU.
I completely agree, which is why I'm frustrated that you can't have a different visual state for send assignments.