AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI7 (always updating first post)

Post by amplidood »

Shooshie wrote:Amplidude, just a question: do your channel meters stay green constantly, or do they go into the red when they reach the last few dB?

By the way, I'm really liking that Gold version. I may adopt that. I'm REALLY starting to wish that we had a menu for skins. It would be nice to use Gold for a while, then switch to iPerformer's night blue, then your gray, etc.
Thanks Shoosh. Your opinion means alot.

You could very easily do the trick of just duplicating the app and applying different mods to each one. I do this as I'm developing them, and have since the beginning. There have been no ill effects.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Okay, I think I've nailed just about everything that needs to be at this point. These new versions should last a while, indeed. Yeah right...

I should ask again, was anyone using the Light version?
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

A little teaser on the Gold variation....

Trying to go for less black outlining to make data pop out more.
twistedtom

Post by twistedtom »

I like the gold a lot, not only does it look nice it is easy to see what you are doing. Good job!
Mac Pro 2.8G 8 core,16G ram, 500GB SSD, 2x2TB HD.s 3TB HD, Extn Backup HDs,Nvd 8800 & ATI 5770 video cards,DP8 on OS 10.6.8 and OS 10.8; MOTU 424PCIe, MOTU 2408; Micro express. Video editing deck on firewire, a bunch of plug-ins and VI's.Including; MX3 and M5-3. FCP, Adobe Production Bundle CS6. PCM88mx, some vintage synths linked by MIDI. Mackie 16-4 is my main mixers
, kelsey and Yamaha mixers, Rack of gear. Guitars, piano, PA and more stuff.
Bill OC
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Bill OC »

Thanks, 'dood! Taking the time from your real life/work to keep this going is much appreciated here.

Regards,
Bill
Dwetmaster

Post by Dwetmaster »

amplidood wrote:A little teaser on the Gold variation....

Trying to go for less black outlining to make data pop out more.
Please A'dood can you do a silver version of these inserts for the dark version as well???
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

New gold variation posted. Will check for 7.01 compatibility tommorow.

I gotta say again, I makes me a little sad to realize all the time I may have lost by not using Gimp from the beginning. What a powerful app. Once you get over the non-standard Macness, it's great. I feel like I can work 10x faster and not get so frustrated.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Missed a couple elements on the gold variation...reposted.

7.01 seems just fine so far.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Ugh the variation sucks. Think I'm going to can that one. Like I've said before, I'm learning about this as I'm going along. Sometimes ya nail it. Sometimes you miss and hit the photographer...he shouldn'a been standing there anyway.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Don't know if this is in the "thinks you can't do" category... but... I just tried the Gold theme, and wondering if the black space in the track overview where the MIDI and audio appears couldn't also be shaded like it is in the Sequence Editor.

BTW, nice looking mod. I tried it and may stick with the stock one, or switch back and forth depending on my mood, but nice work... thanks!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:Don't know if this is in the "thinks you can't do" category... but... I just tried the Gold theme, and wondering if the black space in the track overview where the MIDI and audio appears couldn't also be shaded like it is in the Sequence Editor.

BTW, nice looking mod. I tried it and may stick with the stock one, or switch back and forth depending on my mood, but nice work... thanks!
Could you screenshot that? I'm not exactly sure what area you are referring to.
Wait, do you mean can the bottom track list and overview have a drop shadow?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

amplidood wrote:
James Steele wrote:Don't know if this is in the "thinks you can't do" category... but... I just tried the Gold theme, and wondering if the black space in the track overview where the MIDI and audio appears couldn't also be shaded like it is in the Sequence Editor.

Sorry, I just mean the background that surrounds the soundbites and MIDI data in the right side of the Track Overview window... the "empty measures." It seems the background is gold-tinged in the Sequence Editor but still light grey in the Track Overview.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:
amplidood wrote:

Sorry, I just mean the background that surrounds the soundbites and MIDI data in the right side of the Track Overview window... the "empty measures." It seems the background is gold-tinged in the Sequence Editor but still light grey in the Track Overview.
Wow, you're right, the SE does seem a bit off white. I have no idea if I did that or not, never had the intention. I've looked and looked for where to alter the background of the TO with no luck. It's probably hidden in the glogs somewhere.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Gold Complete 1.0....just the start. A lot of refining to do.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Is your dark mod finished? the Gold is looking great.

I don't see the pics for the dark mod anymore.

Are you not recommending that one...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.