AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by Shooshie »

amplidood wrote:So far I have Mellow, Sharp, Gotham, Clean, and Warmer ready to go. I've got my custom High Contrast version of Mellow going, too ;) I will release them soon.
Crossing my fingers for Oxidized!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Just finished it. The biggest pain I had to deal with was scroll bars and tab bars, as they use repeating graphics and the borders of those got dithered and a little messy with the upscaling. All fixed now ;)
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Fantastic Andy! Thanks for getting on this.. when you finish, I will buy the lot!

I have discovered that DP's "Nine" is so uninspiring, it's affecting me creatively. It's like looking at a mock-up of something. I'm going back to Frankenstein Night (your partially working "Night", that has been heavily modified by me).
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

My PayPal account is locked and loaded! Thanks again for your hard work and your awesome themes!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Killahurts wrote: I'm going back to Frankenstein Night (your partially working "Night", that has been heavily modified by me).
Ooh yes, as long as you're in conversion mode, would love to see 'Night' upgraded. I also enjoyed 'Snow' back in the early DP 7.X days, as well as 'Oxidized", but only Oxy seems to have made the cut in the last few upgrades.
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Killahurts wrote:Fantastic Andy! Thanks for getting on this.. when you finish, I will buy the lot!

I have discovered that DP's "Nine" is so uninspiring, it's affecting me creatively. It's like looking at a mock-up of something. I'm going back to Frankenstein Night (your partially working "Night", that has been heavily modified by me).
Funnily enough I have started working in a heavily customised version of Nine that I have called Nano (after the NanoKontrol I use) - but I have lightened some of the darkness and substituted transport buttons for the actual NanoKontrol buttons (taken pictures of them - on and off - and then used Paint 2 to resize them and paste onto the existing buttons png). I am tweaking all the time in down time from making music, but finding it nice to work in. But the original Nine is not really usable for me - and is that the best they could come up with? Andy can no doubt do better - I will post some images from my Nano when I get home.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

My take on Nine - called Nano after the Kontrol2
ImageImage
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I like those brighter record buttons. I'm going to do that too.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

So a new wrinkle for me now... I don't own a normal resolution monitor, only this Retina MacBook Pro. I'm going to have to a hold of another monitor to be able to check the graphics used on older monitors. Greeeeeeeeat.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

I'm in contact with MOTU about MIDI tracks in the SE not having their own lighter background control anymore in DP9. That's suuuuuuper important.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

For some reason I got inspired to make Gotham more... Gothamy.

amplidood

Post by amplidood »

The background color parameter for MIDI tracks in the SE will work again in DP 9.02.

I love being able to communicate directly with MOTU now.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Do you think you (or MOTU) will ever be able to do anything with the tiny column headers in the TO, SB, etc windows?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

amplidood wrote:The background color parameter for MIDI tracks in the SE will work again in DP 9.02.

I love being able to communicate directly with MOTU now.
Thank goodness someone can!
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

bayswater wrote:Do you think you (or MOTU) will ever be able to do anything with the tiny column headers in the TO, SB, etc windows?
I'm sure I could ask about increasing the font size.