AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by amplidood »

James Steele wrote:P.S. Andy... I'll be happy to help out with a banner ad announcing DP8 compatibility that will link to your site.
As always James, thank you. I consider what I've done and really believe it pales in comparison to the years you've been running this board. Amazing what we'll do for love, isn't it. :love: :vomit:
Steve Steele

Post by Steve Steele »

Just wanted to say nice work Andy. I didn't actually even know of your themes until last week. I tend not to seek out skins for anything (for whatever reason). But like James said, it's very valuable what you're doing. Actually I really like what you're doing with the sliders, I'm currently using MoTools as my 7.24 theme, as the darker ones are easier on my eyes. So when I find one that's somewhat dark, and not too multicolored (I'm also a minimalist), I'll grab one!

Very cool!

Mac Studio M1 Ultra, 128GBs Unified memory, 4TB SSD.
Interfaces: MOTU M2 and 8A (2.1 and 5.1 setups).
DAWs: Digital Performer 11, Logic Pro, Cubase 12 Pro, Studio One Pro.
Sample Libraries: Primary - VSL (all), Spitfire, (mostly all), and many others.
External Controllers: Metagrid Pro and Studio Logic SL|MIXFACE
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

nightwatch wrote:I tend not to seek out skins for anything (for whatever reason).
Most skins are just kitschy patch overs that add some fantasy GUI to your existing controls. Andy's themes are not like that. They really take into account the harmony of colors, the need for ease on the eyes, and the need for sharpness for clarity. Also, he adds some clarified icons and tools that just make sense.
nightwatch wrote:Actually I really like what you're doing with the sliders, I'm currently using MoTools as my 7.24 theme, as the darker ones are easier on my eyes. So when I find one that's somewhat dark, and not too multicolored (I'm also a minimalist), I'll grab one!
I recommend you try Gotham, and possibly Sleek. If you can use one a little lighter in color, Gold Complete is a very nice looking theme and easy on the eyes, and is RadioGal's favorite, I think. Along the same lines as Gold Complete, but darker and less "colorful" is Warmer, which is also one of my favorites.

Personally, I go into withdrawal if I'm away from Gotham for a while. It is, to me, what the default should be in Digital Performer. Gotham is simply a great look. However, I do switch from time to time. Oxidized is my next-favorite in line after Gotham. Following Oxidized, I go for Warmer, Sleek, and Gold Complete.

Andy's themes created one of the longest threads in the history of MOTUNation (maybe THE longest), and brought in people from all over the world who previously had not been so interested in DP. MOTU couldn't help but notice the spike in their DP sales, and/or the excitement generated by the AmpGUI thread here in the forum, so they adopted Andy's ideas and created the Themes preference -- one of the best moves they have ever made. Keep in mind that people have been modding DP since it was created, but Andy's AmpGUI Mods were the first ever to generate this much interest. What I'm saying is that there are themes and skins, and then there are AmpGUI Themes. Andy's in a class of his own.

Again… I recommend starting with Gotham. You may also like James' favorite: Sharp Flat.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Shooshie wrote: Personally, I go into withdrawal if I'm away from Gotham for a while. It is, to me, what the default should be in Digital Performer. Gotham is simply a great look.
Again… I recommend starting with Gotham. You may also like James' favorite: Sharp Flat.

Shooshie
Yes GOTHAM. It is superb. We with andys help did a slight tweak to background colors in MIDI and sequence editor. But my gosh, Gotham has so much 'organic' depth.

Is ist OK to call software GUI organic??? :dance:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Anyone having a problem trying to open the 8v1 of Sharp, let me know. That archive is having problems and I can't make new ones that work for some reason.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

https://skitch.com/andyselby2/ea6p7/control-panel

Beginning work on all the CW graphics I have to do....
labman

Post by labman »

It is gonna be really exciting having control panel in consolidated with ampgui themes. And like christmas morning to see what elase Andy comes up with for DP8!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Everyone can go to my Skitch account to observe progress being made on the new DP8 versions....

https://skitch.com/andyselby2/

amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Mellow making a strong showing with all the new parameters...

ImageClick for large view - Uploaded with Skitch
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

More mellow progress....

amplidood

Post by amplidood »

More progress.....

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Looking very good. Now I can't wait for Gotham, Oxidized, Sleek, Gold Complete, Warmer, and Sharp Flat. I just have a feeling you're going to find some breakthrough features that give you more of the control you have been hoping for.

Great work on Mellow!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

This will be going out to my Elites for testing very soon...

labman

Post by labman »

nice work andy. I am excited!
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Andy these look beautiful as always ;-)

I haven't used your mods since before 7.2 and AmpGui was established.

Has the process of switching between your different themes or any easier than I remember?

I seem to remember the process changed or do we still have to manually replace files as I seem to recall.

Thanks,
KG
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........