AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: AmpGUI DP Themes (now at AMPGUIMODS.NET)

Post by labman »

"Thanks for all the cool themes and getting MOTU to up their game with Themes."

I certainly must say thanks to Andy again too. I bought 'all-in' with Andy cause they were so far above the motu themes and they actually seemed to 'fit' DP as an app. And they still are far and away above. Nowadays, I work exclusively in Mellow. If I had to use Motu themes, I would quit/retire. Seriously!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Guitar Gaz »

amplidood wrote:Successfulness is not my problem, unfortunately. The task of redesigning every theme I have and have all new versions work correctly with Retina screens is just too much time to invest. I'm going to have announce the end of development for AmpGUImods. The financial return just doesn't justify it anymore, and it overwhelms me every time I put any thought at all to it.

Thanks to all my supporters and fans. It was a fantastic learning experience, and I hope someday it could make sense to engage in something like this again.

Best to all of you.
Andy - I have overhauled Mellow and converted all the png's for Retina - it took ages and no wonder you are reluctant to do all your themes. Usually I converted themes based on docking the Control Panel in the Consolidated Window at Full Toolbar Height and didn't bother with all the other permutations.

Anyway - Mellow is done - if you want it let me know and I can email it to you or something in case you want to continue distributing it (or use it yourself). I don't want anything for this although in time I could have a go at some other of your Themes if you approve. I only have Mellow so have nothing else to work with so you would have to let me have any other Themes - up to you as I would not work on them immediately. But the offer is there as thanks for the inspiration of your Themes work.

Also if anyone wants Mellow for DP9 I think you should be the one to distribute. So let me know - and thanks again.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

As I have had no response I am guessing that my offer to update some AmpGUI Themes is not required. I had some free time in this period after Christmas to set aside some time to help AmpGUI Themes but that time is now nearly gone as I get busy going forward.

I updated Mellow for DP9 (and it took several hours to get it 5K ready in all views and resolutions) and was willing to pass this back (free - no strings attached) so Andy could redistribute the updated Theme.

If you know how it is not difficult but it requires a lot of time and careful copying and pasting and resizing images. I no longer have that time sadly - maybe others can help Andy out if he wants to keep this going. Otherwise it appears that AmpGUI Themes is closed.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to drop a line to all of you and let you know that after years of denying it, I finally am getting the help I've needed to deal with my anxiety/depression. It's slowly been killing my joy in doing anything over the past many years, to the point I hit rock bottom pretty hard recently. Getting help is something most of us men are incredibly reluctant to do until it's forced on us. Well, here I am, taking a rest, getting my bearings, and figuring out what my life will look like in the future. I can tell this for certain... AMPGUIMods is not dead. Not yet. I don't have a schedule yet, but I plan on part of my therapeutic activities being revitalizing it. I'm a bit out of practice, so some time will be necessary to ramp back up. Just the thought of it makes me happy inside :)

I appreciate you all very much. This group is something special.

Amplidood
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Amplidood---You are very much appreciated here. Thanks for the update and be well.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hey my brother... a lot of people deal with that... many don't have the courage to tackle it. Just want to let you know that you are loved and appreciated around here, my friend! Hope to see you around here more.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
leigh

Post by leigh »

All the best, Andy. Take good care!

**Leigh
I don't care what you play. I care how you play.— Karl Berger

iMac Pro 3 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon W, 128GB RAM, Mac OS X 14.2, DP 11.3
VSL, VE Pro 7, MIR Pro 3D, UVI Falcon, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Ozone 9 Advanced, RX 8 Advanced, Dorico 5, Metric Halo ULN-8-3D mkiv, ULN-2-3D & 2882-3D interfaces, Novation Impulse-49, various mics
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Andy, my friend, that is good news on all counts. You're doing what has been very hard for me to do. Depression is such a difficult thing to deal with. I've spent most of my life trying to manage with St. John's Wort, which some days seems to work, and others not so much. I'm so glad you're taking steps to make life better. People either know what you're talking about or they don't. Those who don't, can't imagine it, so pay no attention to people who think they have some homespun answer you ought to be doing that their grandpaw would approve of. Enough about that.

I'm thrilled that you might revisit the themes. With all due respects to MOTU for adopting your work and making some crystal clear themes of their own, aesthetically theirs don't come close to yours. I'd really miss your themes if they ever quit working for me. I feel pretty fortunate so far; I'm on DP 9.13, still using several of your themes. Would gladly pay an upgrade fee. They're just that important to me.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Just want to let you know that someone you've never met really appreciates the talent and hard work you put into these themes. They make working in DP so much more enjoyable, and I give a little thanks to you every time I open a session (which is most everyday). Thanks, and all the best!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Hey Andy. I so appreciate the honesty and vulnerability. And I too, am thrilled that you might revisit themes! Shoohie is correct. The MOTU themes unfortunately, are so very very poor compared to yours. There is not a day that I don't work with at least one of your themes. They just 'feel' right.

Hang in there. The world needs a healthy and productive Andy!
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Guitar Gaz wrote:
amplidood wrote:Successfulness is not my problem, unfortunately. The task of redesigning every theme I have and have all new versions work correctly with Retina screens is just too much time to invest. I'm going to have announce the end of development for AmpGUImods. The financial return just doesn't justify it anymore, and it overwhelms me every time I put any thought at all to it.

Thanks to all my supporters and fans. It was a fantastic learning experience, and I hope someday it could make sense to engage in something like this again.

Best to all of you.
Andy - I have overhauled Mellow and converted all the png's for Retina - it took ages and no wonder you are reluctant to do all your themes. Usually I converted themes based on docking the Control Panel in the Consolidated Window at Full Toolbar Height and didn't bother with all the other permutations.

Anyway - Mellow is done - if you want it let me know and I can email it to you or something in case you want to continue distributing it (or use it yourself). I don't want anything for this although in time I could have a go at some other of your Themes if you approve. I only have Mellow so have nothing else to work with so you would have to let me have any other Themes - up to you as I would not work on them immediately. But the offer is there as thanks for the inspiration of your Themes work.

Also if anyone wants Mellow for DP9 I think you should be the one to distribute. So let me know - and thanks again.
Although I have moved on from DP and won't be doing anymore theme customising, I still have the Mellow Theme I updated for DP9 and 5K retina - obviously that offer still stands if you want the theme Andy. Best wishes to you.
Gary Shepherd
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Chill and be well Andy.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Good recovery, Andy and redone surface: know that I have always tried to help free for Themes, without altering your business activity.
All this because I'm an amateur ... and sorry for the wrong language ! :oops:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

amplidood wrote:I appreciate you all very much. This group is something special.
You're part of what makes it that way! Guess it's pretty obvious we all appreciate you very much too..
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
stevenew

Post by stevenew »

Good luck Andy, I really hope you start feeling better. From personal experience I know how debilitating depression can be.

As my eyes are not as good as they once were your themes have got me through many late nights in front of DP - thank you.

Take care
2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB. External SSD Sample Drives. macOS Monterey 12.2. MOTU 624 & 8D. Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, DP 9.52, DSP Quattro 5. Arturia, Gforce, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Slate, SSD5, Soniccouture, Spectrasonics, Spitfire. Novation 61 SLMKII, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD600, AKG 240MKII. PRS, Martin Guitars, Mensinger Bass. Vox & Orange amps. Line 6 Helix.