TUTORIAL: M-Audio Axiom/Oxygen Transport Controls with DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
btaKoni
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: TUTORIAL: M-Audio Axiom/Oxygen Transport Controls with D

Post by btaKoni »

Hello there,

I just got my Oxygen 49 and tried setting it up with DP7 but when it comes to the "Audio MIDI Setup" my keyboard doesn't even show and I cant set it up. I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to work... I'm quite new to this MIDI-Keyboard thing so I don't really know what to do

I hope someone can help me!
Thank you
rhythm_kitchen
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rhythm_kitchen »

Unlike a driver for CoreAudio/CoreMIDI,

Axiom Pro plugs right in. I don't see anything in Audio MIDI setup either but it is working. Something about class compliant USB.

If you don't see MIDI level in DP it still may be transmitting ok. You must rely on your MIDI Monitor window for trouble shooting 101.

I do see the 4 ports (this to split the keyboard) and assign kits. Axiom Pro defaults to send port 1, MIDI channel 1. Ports 1-4

Akai MPC numbers these ports 0-3 (Class Compliant USB).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axiom Pros were built some years back (08 - 09) so download the Axiom pro firmware updater and run it.

Still no MMC (no new text files with the firmware update either). Sys Ex will send ASCii text but this from the F Keys or keyboard (not from transport buttons).

Hyper-Control in DP's controller options does allow channel changes for HC in/out with the HUI driver but without a HUI I am unclear how this is useful.
martian

Post by martian »

hey James..

nice one.. I just got an Axiom hooked up this week and was sat there thinking.. if only those transports worked!

then I just saw this thread!

brilliant thanks for the post!
macpro 3 gig - 5 Gig RAM 10.6.3 Motu 2408 mk 2 Mackie HUI DP 7.21 intel imac 3 gig ram traveller OS 10.6.3

http://www.fork-media.com
nyplugin

Post by nyplugin »

hi guys, I did everything was written but the transport buttons don't work yet.

I checked with MIDI Monitor and the keyboard is transmitting the proper cc.

I also set up everything on dp with shift L but nothing yet. Any idea?

Thanks

[img]/Users/Sergio/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202012-09-04%20at%203.28.54%20PM.png[/img]

UPDATE:

sorry guys, I haven't noticed that I need to activate the Master Master button. I did that and I also delete all the note on MIDI event so now everything is working great!

Thank you anyway :)
MacOS 15 Sonoma - DP 11 - Mac Mini 2018 i7 2.3GHz - 64GB RAM
willstuff

Post by willstuff »

Just to update this thread (to almost 2013), this was generally helpful in getting my new Axiom 49 (2nd Gen) to work with DP8 -- at least the transport controls. It should be noted that "Engima" is discontinued (though appears to still work for older keyboards) and that M-Audio's DirectLink technology is intended to best match the control surface functionality of their newer smart keyboards. Unfortunately DP didn't make the list of supported DAWs (?!) -- which is a shame, because I can tell from the Garage Band DirectLink support that it's very handy. Hoping someone from DP or M-Audio (or inMusic, as it appears to be now?!) can get DP DirectLink-ed, as doing it by hand (reassigning buttons on the Axiom, and custom assigning cc's in DP) is not only cumbersome but limited.

Anyone?
DP11, iMac 27" 3.7Ghz 6-core i5 40GB, 1TB. User since Performer 3.
stringtheory

Post by stringtheory »

this old thread (with a bit of tweaking) just helped me set up the transport on my new arturia keylab 88! many thanks, james!
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)