The free VI's/plugs list.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

EigenD Audio & MIDI Performance Environment

Post by stubbsonic »

This software is free and open source. Looks fascinating and powerful. I think originally it was designed for use with the Eigenharp, but it really just allows the user to control the flow of audio and MIDI through hardware and software (plugins, VI's, etc.) Perhaps someone here can better describe what it does and what is cool about it.

Here's an introductory vid (24 minutes)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEiSfAf53cw

Here's the site. I couldn't find a very bare-bones description of the software, but I suspect it is like Bidule or Mainstage in some ways.

http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
wylie1

Re: The free VI's/plugs list.

Post by wylie1 »

James Steele wrote:This was posted elsewhere, but putting here too. The Eventide UltraChannel is available for FREE until July 8, 2014. I downloaded it, and installed it and it's legit! Seems very useable. Even includes delay!

It does require an iLok.com account, but this one DEFINITELY will let you install the license to your computer hard drive without the need for an iLok:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... -code.html

All the info is there including the Access Code you need.

If you want to cut to the chase, you can go straight here and use the Access Code 0F736710:

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk ... hannel.jsp
Thanx for posting James spend to much money lately so free is good.
Also I'm starting to like the iLok I've got about 10 license on there now is nice to have them on a separate device.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I take some heat for it, but I'm a fan of the iLok. For me, it's much more convenient than disk authorization.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

James Steele wrote:This was posted elsewhere, but putting here too. The Eventide UltraChannel is available for FREE until July 8, 2014. I downloaded it, and installed it and it's legit! Seems very useable. Even includes delay!

It does require an iLok.com account, but this one DEFINITELY will let you install the license to your computer hard drive without the need for an iLok:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... -code.html

All the info is there including the Access Code you need.

If you want to cut to the chase, you can go straight here and use the Access Code 0F736710:

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk ... hannel.jsp
This looks pretty good and you can't knock the price.

It crashed both GarageBand and DP 8.06 during the Verification process - nothing unusual there... It worked fine when I repaired Permissions and re-launched DP 8. DP 7.24 and Logic Pro X 10.07 had no problems.

Thanks!
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Weird. It sailed through AU validation for me. Not even a hiccup. Great plug for no money! Have no clue why Eventide is doing this.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:This was posted elsewhere, but putting here too. The Eventide UltraChannel is available for FREE until July 8, 2014.
I got this some time ago and started playing around with it today. It seems to narrow the stereo field quite a bit, even with all its internal sections turned off. Turning the micro pitch shift on gets some separation back but not all of it. I know some processors are meant to change the sound just by being in the circuit, but I don't understand this. Is it meant to work this way?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

You're going to have to ask someone else. I was just on a plug-hound expedition and it was free! LOL I think I tried it on a mono source last time. Don't know what it does to a stereo track. Maybe someone else can answer that. Sounds like a rather glaring defect if Eventide let that slip in there, doesn't it?

bayswater

Post by bayswater »

James Steele wrote:You're going to have to ask someone else. I was just on a plug-hound expedition and it was free! LOL I think I tried it on a mono source last time. Don't know what it does to a stereo track. Maybe someone else can answer that. Sounds like a rather glaring defect if Eventide let that slip in there, doesn't it?
Sorry I wasn't asking you in particular, I just quoted your post as a reminder to what specific plugin was involved. More likely glaring user error. It sounds good otherwise, so I was hoping someone who knows Eventide stuff can tell me what's going on.
stubbsonic

SineVibes Atom

Post by stubbsonic »

Here's a cool filter plug (32 & 64 bit) freebie from SineVibes...

http://www.sinevib.es/atom/

BTW, I've tinkered with the above-mentioned EigenD some more. It's quite cool. Will post back with a more thorough review when I've got my head around it more.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bayswater wrote:
James Steele wrote:You're going to have to ask someone else. I was just on a plug-hound expedition and it was free! LOL I think I tried it on a mono source last time. Don't know what it does to a stereo track. Maybe someone else can answer that. Sounds like a rather glaring defect if Eventide let that slip in there, doesn't it?
Sorry I wasn't asking you in particular, I just quoted your post as a reminder to what specific plugin was involved. More likely glaring user error. It sounds good otherwise, so I was hoping someone who knows Eventide stuff can tell me what's going on.
I understand. :) I'd feel bad if I gave anybody a bum steer. I haven't had much time for the studio lately, but seems like this would be pretty major. Maybe someone can confirm this?

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

This was mentioned elsewhere but I haven't seen it in the freebie list.

Here is an interesting, free delay:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho

Here's a nice tutorial showing some of the capabilities including the automation:

http://valhalladsp.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... afreqecho/

http://valhalladsp.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... in-action/
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mikehalloran wrote:This was mentioned elsewhere but I haven't seen it in the freebie list.

Here is an interesting, free delay:

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho
I downloaded it and then disovered I already had this. The zip archive is from 2010... it's four years old. I wonder if it's 64-bit?

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Okay... well it is 32-bit only, but good news is that it seems to work just fine with 32 Lives. :)

MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm starting to view a lot of these free, and even some paid, plugins like flat head screwdrivers. I probably have a couple dozen screwdrivers I never use or think about using. I should round up 90% of them and bundle them up for the thrift store - but I don't. I've got a list of plugs just like that. I'll never use them, don't even think about them, and can't even use them to open paint cans.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I'm starting to view a lot if these free, and even some paid, plugins like flat head screwdrivers. I probably have a couple dozen screwdrivers I never use or think about using. I should round up 90% of them and bundle them up for the thrift store - but I don't. I've got a list of plugs just like that. I'll never use them, don't even think about them, and can't even use them to open paint cans.
I had exactly the same thought. Even the thrift store doesn't want them.