The free VI's/plugs list.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The free VI's/plugs list.

Post by James Steele »

terrybritton wrote:
Elio wrote:Free Positive Grid Bias https://global.focusrite.com/plugin-collective
My account is not showing the download yet, but that is a pretty cool freebie!

Terry
Yeah... I can't figure out how to download this one. Don't know if you go to the user area or what?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

The Positive Grid site list the plugin, but the store and promotion links there give a black screen and there is no mention of the free version.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Logging into my Focusrite account this afternoon shows it now, with a code to redeem there.

Here are the instructions.

There are a few hoops to jump through, but nothing too major for a free version of the full plugin AND a standalone app version as well.

Terry
Computer: Dell XPS 8700-1751BLK | Intel i7 4790@3.6Mhz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Windows 10 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.2 | Cantabile 3 Performer
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk1 & S-49 Mk2,
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010, Peavey PC 1600x
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, 2x Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Thanks for the reminder. The code appeared in my account too. This is not a bad plugin, esp. for free.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Here's another cool freebie from Wavesfactory. "SnareBuzz is an audio effect plugin that emulates the wires of a snare buzzing when there's another instrument playing near."

https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer- ... dc16-12774

Might be interesting to use subtly on a bass guitar track and see what sort of realism that imparts, especially if wanting to sound like bass & drums were played together in same room. Can't wait to try it in this application. Other free stuff on the page at the above link.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yikes! Forget what I said about SnareBuzz! Maybe it's me but all it sounds like is a noise generator with Hi Pass and Low Pass controls. After about 5-10 minutes of attempting to tweak it, I was able to get NOTHING that sounded remotely like the snare actually vibrating/rattling agains the bottom head of a snare drum! :( I'm going trash this one, unless someone can tell me they were able to achieve something usable with this. :(

Youlean
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Youlean »

Hey, you may also try my Youlean Loudness Meter. It is free loudness meter with many features.
Download and vote HERE

Vote by clicking on numbers right to the download buttons.
By voting you may get free trip to the NAMM show 2017 (Anaheim, CA, USA)!

Last edited by Youlean on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Cornish

Free Loops from Heavyocity

Post by Rick Cornish »

Heavyocity is offering a collection of free loops from Gravity and Master Sessions.
• 1.11 GB uncompressed
• Presented in WAV, REX and Apple Loops Formats
• 30 melodic loops from GRAVITY
• 120 percussion loops from Master Sessions

I did say "free," right?

https://www.heavyocity.com/product/free ... oops-2016/
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
mikehalloran

Arturia MiniFilter V free till December 31

Post by mikehalloran »

To thank you for all the good vibes you have sent us this year
we would like to offer you the MiniFilter V

2016 has been full of highlights for the Arturia team. The craze about the MatrixBrute and KeyStep announcement at the NAMM Show, the launch of V Collection 5, the surprise of DrumBrute and many other moments of joy.

https://www.arturia.com/get-your-free-m ... reenbutton

The first time I went to the link, I got an Access Forbidden error. Refreshing the browser link, it worked.
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
bayswater

Re: Arturia MiniFilter V free till December 31

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:

The first time I went to the link, I got an Access Forbidden error. Refreshing the browser link, it worked.

Seems popular. I'm getting about 100K download speed on a 100Meg line.
mikehalloran

Re: Arturia MiniFilter V free till December 31

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:

Seems popular. I'm getting about 100K download speed on a 100Meg line.

When they offered their MiniMoog for free a few years back, the lines got so choked they offered it as a bittorrent. Who knew there was a legal use for that?

I must have beat the crowd when I snagged it way too early this morning.

Good Luck!
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

T-Racks Custom Shop - Optical Compressor Free till 2/16?

Post by mikehalloran »

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trcs/

For those who don't know, the Custom Shop is the free player. It includes the Classic Equalizer module, a 6-band parametric mastering EQ and the T-RackS Metering Suite, both free. The others are paid add-ons but all install together.

According to the email I received on Feb 10, their new Optical Compressor is free for one week only so this offer expires tomorrow or Friday.

For just one week we're offering you the unique opportunity to get the T-RackS Opto Compressor (a $/€80 value) absolutely FREE when you download, register and authorize the T-RackS Custom Shop - our free desktop application that allows you to build your mixing and mastering processor collection one piece at a time, as you need it.

This analog-modeled module faithfully recreates that particular (and extremely musical) "movement" that characterizes only the best opto compressors.

If you already have T-Racks, the Optical Compressor serial number should already be there in your User Area. Just download the latest build to install and register your new serial number.

For those new to IK Multimedia: Create an account, download T-Racks Custom Shop. It will install everything. You will see a serial number for CS and another for the Optical Compressor in your User Area.

IK uses an authorization manager. Download and install, enter your serial numbers and you're good to go.

I played with it for a minute in DP and Logic—no problem authorizing in either DAW. Don't know if I'll use is but... well... it's free (for a couple more days, at least)!

SampleTank and Amplitube also have free Custom Shop players with a few freebies thrown in. All use the same Authorization Manager nowadays (a great improvement over the way it used to be done).
mikehalloran

WavesFactory SK10 Subkick Simulator - VST/AU/AAX - Free

Post by mikehalloran »

7th anniversary! Introducing the Subkick Simulator - VST/AU/AAX - Freeware

SK10 is a free audio plugin that emulates a Subkick mic.
Available for Mac and Windows in VST / AU / AAX formats.

https://www.wavesfactory.com/

The link in the email didn't work but the SK10 is on page 1 of the website.

It has been a couple of years since I was there. Had to jump through a number of hoops to update my profile to their new security standards but that's done.

No problem authenticating in Logic or DP.

Sometimes, these guys will have a great sale so I don't mind being on their email list. Last year, I bought a number of them @ $5 each just in case I ever purchased Kontakt (as I did this year). They don't send out an email blitz very often—I appreciate that.

Most of their VIs require Kontakt including some of their freebies:
https://www.wavesfactory.com/freeware/
bayswater

Re: WavesFactory SK10 Subkick Simulator - VST/AU/AAX - Free

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote: Had to jump through a number of hoops to update my profile to their new security standards but that's done.
Hoops indeed. I ended up cancelling the account. Maybe I'll go back and open a new one later. Is the plugin worth it?
mikehalloran

Re: WavesFactory SK10 Subkick Simulator - VST/AU/AAX - Free

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:
mikehalloran wrote: Had to jump through a number of hoops to update my profile to their new security standards but that's done.
Hoops indeed. I ended up cancelling the account. Maybe I'll go back and open a new one later. Is the plugin worth it?
Don't know if it's worth it yet (Snarebuzz, on the other hand, is a waste of time). Some of their freebies disappear after awhile so I get them while I can.

I used Music Box recently—it was just what I needed. I can see myself using Pipe Organ if I needed to do something quick on spec. Both are free VIs.

To update my profile, out of frustration, I asked for a password reset. This got me an email that took me to the right screen where I was able to get it done. I notice that a couple of previous purchases don't show up in my account. I'll live.