The free VI's/plugs list.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: The free VI's/plugs list.

Post by philbrown »

My apologies for derailing this thread. :sorry:
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

just recently becoming an AU from VST world..

Molot.. it's not pretty. But it does have a Russian language interface you can turn on and off..

It's thick! Grab the manual while you're there too, it helps a lot.

http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/molot/

this thing is awesome...I'm using it on drum busses and really busses of any kind. It's not the kind of thing I would use on the master, but you might... you can donate if you feel like it.

While you're there Limiter 6 is free too..
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Free virtual analog synth co-designed by Urs Heckmann of u-He, "inspired"
by the Juno-106...and it does sound like the 106, but it has a lot of cool
modulation tricks up its sleeve. Very nice sound. And it's 64-bit AU!

You have to download it from a German webpage. Scroll down the page, you'll see the Mac download link:

http://www.amazona.de/freeware-synth-ty ... rial-cool/
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

bayswater wrote:It's not just free plugins that have this problem is it? I have a G4 under the stairs loaded up with things that don't run any more on my newer Macs to deal with this. It's not perfect but it's close enough for me.
I have some free plugs from Big Fish that I used on an old project. They work as long as I don't touch them. If I ever have to resurrect that again (and I might), I'll have to delete the plugs and use something newer to try for the same effect.

I, too, have an old G4 I keep in the corner of my desk with OS 9 / 10.4.11. Though it gets used to view OS 9 projects my kids made as children and convert AppleWorks files for my wife, it also has DP 5.13 where those plugs work just as well as always. You never know, right?
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Renaissance Bass free Friday 29th, 2013.

http://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday/f ... pre-signup
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

cuttime wrote:Renaissance Bass free Friday 29th, 2013.
Except for the dreaded WUP.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
waxman

Post by waxman »

I got Renn Bass free and purchased Musician's 2 for $59. I sold Platinum a few years ago and only missed SuperTap and Doubler so those and a few others were in Musicians 2. I prefer UAD 2 plugs. If they WUP me at least I only lose $59...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Greg!

I don't believe it. You're... resurrected! LOL

Hope you're well and that Chuck's still with us. Must get some new material as I've nothing post millenium, really.

Mate, it's fantastic to see you here again. I'm sorry if it turns out I don't get to reply to you should you say "hi"; multiple challenges have seen my presence here dwindle to a near-grinding halt, but I'll check in again soon.

The Wax is back. Woo-hoo! :woohoo:

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

kgdrum wrote:
bayswater wrote:
philbrown wrote: I'm not on Facebook (by choice) but I find it funny you need to like something before they'll give it you.
It's business I guess. They get a load of web services in return for your information.

I had a FB account early on and got rid of it. But it's getting to the point where I think I might be shooting myself in the foot. Resistance is futile?
Your account is probably still there, unless they changed policies the last few years,I don't think you can close an account but you can deactivate it which is the state I have my FB account most of the time .
I use it primarily for these types of promotions.
I might go on Facebook about 10 minutes every 2 or 3 months,more often than not my account is deactivated.
I don't like or "get" Facebook but there's too many sales promotions tied into it for the bargain hunter I am not to have an account.
I keep my privacy settings on and it takes about 1 minute to deactivate the account when I inevitably get disgusted with it until the next sale or giveaway that I need the dormant account for.
;-)

Old thread, but what the heck... I've had a Facebook account since it started, but shortly after signing up and adding photos, information, etc., I got totally disgusted with it and deleted all my info and pictures. Sadly, I've recently learned that you cannot delete anything — ever — from Facebook, and my pictures reappear from time to time, no matter how many times I delete them. I absolutely HATE that company.

I never click a link in Facebook. I've never bought anything that required signing into Facebook. Some people really gel with that thing, but to me it's like scraping a chalkboard with fingernails. It's everything I ever hated about the Internet, rolled into one awful place.

So, I do one thing there: I click "friend" links when they come in from people who are my friends. When I get one from some idiot out there who is sending friend requests to random people to see how many he or she can get, I deny them and have on occasion tried to block that person from further correspondence, but I don't think that stuff works, either. Basically, in Facebook, the world runs by Facebook rules. In the Chinese sense of the word, I wish its creator an "interesting" life.

Another one I found myself in, which I absolutely don't remember signing up for, was "Linked-In." The other day I managed to delete my account and stop all their junk mail, but doing so was like taking an IQ test. I had to write down information that was to be used in another window, and... I don't remember the whole thing. I just remember that it took me a long time to get deleted, but I finally figured out the way it's done. (someone will probably tell me now that there's a link at the bottom of the page) Anyway, I'm now free of Linked-in, and would like to be free of Facebook, but I value the connections with my old friends enough that I have not tried to quit it. I do delete my information every time it reappears.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

...and would like to be free of Facebook, but I value the connections with my old friends enough that I have not tried to quit it.
Facebook means never having to write down old classmates' info or promise to stay in touch at reunions.
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Dan Worley

Much more than you'd expect for a free EQ

Post by Dan Worley »

Different and wonderful. Extremely well done. Much much much more than you'd expect from a free EQ.

http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-vos-slickeq/

Note: Running the installer app on 10.9.2, I got a file path error, but the files did install correctly.
DP10.13
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Posted as a stand-alone topic, should have posted here first...

The following is from the latest Linplug newsletter, slightly edited by me:

- - - - - - - - -
Dear Friends of LinPlug,

Today we are happy to release the much anticipated, updated FreeAlpha. Some may have thought we forgot this free synth, but its here again, updated and stronger than ever. We gave it a number of enhancements:

- new User Interface
- new full window bank/preset browser
- prev/next switch for browsing through waveforms
- matrix now with 11 slots
- several new setup options
- undo / redo functionality
- Filter Saturation like full Alpha
- Unison like Full Alpha

Its available here.
(see 'Free Alpha' tab at bottom of the window)

The full Alpha is coming as version 3.3 too very soon!

- - - - - - - - -

Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Tritonemusic

ValhallaFreqEcho

Post by Tritonemusic »

Forgot about this thread. I posted this in another section previously:

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey folks, I haven't had a chance to really mess around with it, but seems like it could be a fun plug-in. Just thought I'd spread the word. First link describes it, second one is the download for the free beta that was just released.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallafreqecho

http://www.valhalladsp.com/freqecho/Val ... _0_5b4.zip

I really like how you can resize the plug-in from the lower righthand corner. I wish I could do this with all of my plugs.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
wylie1

Post by wylie1 »

Spectrum analyzer plug-in.
http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/
I was talking to engineering friend about cleaning some mud from a mix.
After listening to some great tips he recommended this so I could see whats going on.
MacPro 3.2 ghz 8 core 12gig,DigimaxFS, 2408mk3,8Pre,828mk3,Ozone5,MachFive3, BFD2, Sampletank2,DP8.+,Sampletron,Nectar,Central Station,D5s,Q10s.plus stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

This was posted elsewhere, but putting here too. The Eventide UltraChannel is available for FREE until July 8, 2014. I downloaded it, and installed it and it's legit! Seems very useable. Even includes delay!

It does require an iLok.com account, but this one DEFINITELY will let you install the license to your computer hard drive without the need for an iLok:

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... -code.html

All the info is there including the Access Code you need.

If you want to cut to the chase, you can go straight here and use the Access Code 0F736710:

http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk ... hannel.jsp
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!