Set soundbites to same length in Seq Editor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mwilloam
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by mwilloam »

Quantize audio seems to work for start point but does not have an effect on the soundbites' length. i want to select several at once and make them equal in length. Obviously assuming they are all minimum that length. Anyone know how?
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I haven't done this in awhile. Is releases checked in the Quantize window?

Another option might come to me later!

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

mwilloam

Re: Set soundbites to same length in Seq Editor?

Post by mwilloam »

Yes, releases is checked.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Not infront of DP now, but I think selecting them all and dragging the end of the SBs while pressing Control, will make them all the same length.

If that doesn't work, try grouping the tracks, or temporarily groping them by pressing letter t.

But I'm almost certain about the Control-dragging. Try it and let us know if it works for you.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mwilloam

Post by mwilloam »

FMiguelez wrote:Not infront of DP now, but I think selecting them all and dragging the end of the SBs while pressing Control, will make them all the same length.

If that doesn't work, try grouping the tracks, or temporarily groping them by pressing letter t.

But I'm almost certain about the Control-dragging. Try it and let us know if it works for you.
Ahh I thought that might do it, and I found in the manual where this is discussed:

Page 353: If you would like all edges to snap to the same location, hold down the Control/Win key while dragging an edge as shown below...

But it snaps the soundbites end to exact same endpoint, not to a matching size. Hmm, might now be possible. I was needing this when cutting up drum samples and after editing wanting to make each hit Xsecs long. Maybe worth a note to MOTU... Thanks for the reply!