DDMF Directional EQ, my new fave power tool

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DDMF Directional EQ, my new fave power tool

Post by stubbsonic »

After seeing a post for the iOS version of this plugin, I tried the demo of DDMF's Directional EQ for the desktop version (Mac/Win).

https://ddmf.eu/directionaleq-equalizer-plugin/

This software allows you to "aim" your EQ at a particular location in the panorama-- so you can EQ center, left, right and all points between. The location of each band is directed by an "angle" knob, from -45 deg to +45 deg.

There's a solo function which seems to isolate what is at that specific pan-location. The volume knob allows you to adjust the level for that band/angle. The mute is just a bypass for that EQ band.

Over the years, I've done a fair amount of transcribing work, and this is the best tool I've ever heard for isolating parts of a finished mix. For mixes with hard panned elements and centered vocals, it is a tremendously effective vocal eliminator.

$39.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DDMF Directional EQ, my new fave power tool

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Just tried the demo. Pretty cool. Thanks!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kwiz

Re: DDMF Directional EQ, my new fave power tool

Post by kwiz »

Love that plugin!!
Brainworx BX pan EQ does this as well but is much more expensive.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas