Shifting MIDI Note Data

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
txa1265
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Shifting MIDI Note Data

Post by txa1265 »

Hi:

I am revisiting a bunch of old Performer songs I made back in the 90s (before standard MIDI was 'standard' :) )... and a lot of it was made using a drum machine that had its own ideas about what note values should be used.

Where I used loops things are simple ... but where I either 'performed' the drum track or used some of the 'humanize' or other features that filled up your event list, I now have a massive job editing several minutes of bass, snare, etc. to get it all correct.

I have tried searching but come up empty - is there a simple way to do a 'search & replace' in the event list?

Thanks!

And just to be clear, I am using DP 9.51 on a 11.6 MacBook Air.
bayswater

Re: Shifting MIDI Note Data

Post by bayswater »

Is it the note values you want to change? You can use the Transpose command window for that, and enter a map showing the current note values, and the values you want them to be. See V 9.5.1 manual p 554.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
txa1265

Post by txa1265 »

bayswater wrote:Is it the note values you want to change? You can use the Transpose command window for that, and enter a map showing the current note values, and the values you want them to be. See V 9.5.1 manual p 554.
Perfect - should have thought of that ... great solution, thank you for the reply.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

txa1265 wrote:
bayswater wrote:Is it the note values you want to change? You can use the Transpose command window for that, and enter a map showing the current note values, and the values you want them to be. See V 9.5.1 manual p 554.
Perfect - should have thought of that ... great solution, thank you for the reply.
As I recall, you can save the map for future use, too?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
wvandyck

Post by wvandyck »

James Steele wrote: As I recall, you can save the map for future use, too?
The custom Transpose map can be saved for future use.
2017 2.9 GHz MPB/1TB ssd; loaded 2012 i7 quadcore Mini, OS 10.15.5
DP 10.11, Logic 10.5.1, Silverface Apollo Quad/TB, K12UC, Falcon, Integra 7, MIDI guitars etc.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Shooshie may chime in here, but there's also the search feature on page 511 that may help your cause.
It's always weird typing 'search' into a search bar that already says search.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce