NEW AlphaTrack Installer - WORKS WITH SIP ENABLED!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: NEW AlphaTrack Installer - WORKS WITH SIP ENABLED!!

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks, James. I'm wondering is it's something else, since the "Learn Command" function is also dead.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
JamesBRey
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Wanting "Tranzport" to operate under Sierra

Post by JamesBRey »

Hi.

Sorry I am late to this thread but just got a "Tranzport" unit and want to run it under Sierra. There is a 1.43 Tranzport driver at the Frontier Designs archival web site:

(TranzPort Macintosh Installer v1.4.3 mac v0 2010-10-08)

It opens under Sierra but will not install the software giving an error message.

Is this the correct driver and if so, does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks.

jbrey21@yahoo.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Wanting "Tranzport" to operate under Sierra

Post by James Steele »

JamesBRey wrote:Hi.

Sorry I am late to this thread but just got a "Tranzport" unit and want to run it under Sierra. There is a 1.43 Tranzport driver at the Frontier Designs archival web site:

(TranzPort Macintosh Installer v1.4.3 mac v0 2010-10-08)

It opens under Sierra but will not install the software giving an error message.

Is this the correct driver and if so, does anyone know a workaround?

Thanks.

jbrey21@yahoo.com
You need this:

http://www.synclavier.com/TranzPortPlugin.html
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

NEW AlphaTrack Installer - WORKS WITH SIP ENABLED!!

Post by James Steele »

Some good news. I heard back from the developer. He's been super busy lately with a major move, etc. He did not have an AlphaTrack to test with. I'm going to send him and extra unit of mine. (It has a somewhat sticky fader anyway... but should be fine for testing purposes.). Hopefully when his schedule frees up, some of the nagging little bugs may get sorted out before long.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thank you, James!

I've been out of the studio lately (including 13 hours driving yesterday to pick up a new dog!). I'll be back in studio this afternoon and this is on my list to work on.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I just ran the update to Sierra... 10.12.6 and tried using AlphaTrack with DP. In the past, I was able to get it work properly by unplugging and re-plugging the unit. What's happening now is I launch DP, click a track and AT shows the track name, but when I try and move the AT fader, nothing happens in DP, the AT fader moves back to where it was before I moved it, and then from then on it remains unresponsive.

I'm going to ship off a spare AlphaTrack to the developer today.

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

James Steele wrote:I just ran the update to Sierra... 10.12.6 and tried using AlphaTrack with DP. In the past, I was able to get it work properly by unplugging and re-plugging the unit. What's happening now is I launch DP, click a track and AT shows the track name, but when I try and move the AT fader, nothing happens in DP, the AT fader moves back to where it was before I moved it, and then from then on it remains unresponsive.

James—that's exactly what happens for me. Thanks for contacting the developer.
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote:
James Steele wrote:I just ran the update to Sierra... 10.12.6 and tried using AlphaTrack with DP. In the past, I was able to get it work properly by unplugging and re-plugging the unit. What's happening now is I launch DP, click a track and AT shows the track name, but when I try and move the AT fader, nothing happens in DP, the AT fader moves back to where it was before I moved it, and then from then on it remains unresponsive.

James—that's exactly what happens for me. Thanks for contacting the developer.
Okay... so this is weird! Now it's working for me! I had the problem after the first boot after updating from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6. I rebooted again and the AlphaTrack is working. That said, I realize that doesn't help you, and besides, the unplug, re-plug thing shouldn't be necessary. Hopefully once he gets a unit to test with, it can be sorted out.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Another update. So after I posted that it was working again, I re-launched DP, loaded a project and it exhibited the symptoms we've discussed. This time, unplugging and replugging the USB cable brought it back and it's working. I have this feeling that when you launch DP, contact is being established with the AlphaTrack and this happens either "correctly" or "incorrectly". It's the luck of the draw. Each time you unplug and re-plug the USB cable, it re-establishes the link between DP and the AT, and sometimes it gets it right, other times it doesn't.

I suspect that if one might have to unplug and replug multiple times to get luck and have this work right. Mine came back after one cycle of this. Obviously shouldn't happen at all and hopefully that will get sorted out once the developer has a test unit.

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Any news on this, James? I'm strongly considering replacing my Alphatrack with a Presonus Faderport.
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote:Any news on this, James? I'm strongly considering replacing my Alphatrack with a Presonus Faderport.
Sorry to say I haven't heard anything lately. When I sent him the AlphaTrack, the developer said he was in the midst of relocating a business and wouldn't be able to dive into this until September.

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks for the update.
Rick Cornish

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Rick Cornish wrote:Thanks for the update.
I wish I had better news. I have the impression the problems will be worked out eventually, but not as quickly as you may need. :(

magoge

Post by magoge »

Hello to all.
No one has any recent news on the development of the drivers that work on DP 9.51 on macOS High Sierra?

Thank you :-)
magoge

DP 9.51 (64-bit) on late-2016 iMac 27"
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

magoge wrote:Hello to all.
No one has any recent news on the development of the drivers that work on DP 9.51 on macOS High Sierra?

Thank you :-)
Not yet. If I hear something I will post it here. I'm still using it on Sierra and it works although I occasionally have to unplug and replug the AlphaTrack.