NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by James Steele »

I got an email today from Eventide... probably got on their mail list from the free channel strip plug offer. Anyway, looks like they're introducing a reverb plug-in and there's a demo. They're selling it for $79 until Oct. 17 and then it goes to $199. Hey... considering it's Eventide, it might be decent. I don't have time to try it out tonight, but curious what the brain/ear trust here thinks.

Here's the link:

http://promotions.eventide.com/ultrareverb.jsp

9 High End Hardware-Based Reverb Algorithms in a Single Native Plug-in
• The culmination of more than 35 years of reverb R&D

• Halls, Chambers, Rooms, Plates, and Ambience derived from Eventide's flagship hardware processor, the H8000 UltraHarmonizer®

• Create acoustically natural or other-worldly environments

• Packed with over 300 killer presets for mixing, mastering, post production, and sound design

• Includes Artist Presets designed by top engineers and recording professionals

• No Physical iLok Key required

• Native format for AU, VST, or AAX64 for Mac or Windows

• Session compatible with Eventide Reverb HD/TDM from the Anthology II bundle

More than Just a Reverb

• Stereo Delays (pre or post reverb) with Tempo sync to lock delays in time with your session

• Compressor (pre or post reverb) with key input

• Pre-EQ, Post-EQ, Reverb EQ, and Delay EQ – Four independent, three band parametric equalizers

• Reverb Tail Randomization based on the legendary H949 Harmonizer® Random setting

• Modulation Rate and Depth controls

• LoFi control for subtle grit or all out mangling
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Re: NEW Eventide UltraReverb.... $79

Post by BKK-OZ »

Damn you Mr Steele.
:wink: :wink:

I got that email, thought to myself, '...no, you do not need another 'verb plugin, even though you love all things Eventide...', and assuming great cost as well, trashed the email immediately.

Then I see your headline with '$79'. I mean, its only $79, right?

must not... must not... must not... click on link.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah... I hear you. I'd have to put it off, but if there's any type of plug-in I just can't get enough of, it's Reverbs. Actually reverbs and drum VIs. :) I'm afraid to try the demo! :)

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Looks like I may not get to try the demo tonight after all. You need to deposit a license to your iLok.com account and, well... iLok.com is DOWN. The deposit probably didn't happen either as the page at Eventide's site was stuck for a very long time showing a status that it was depositing the license, but shucks... if iLok.com's server is down... I'm guessing that ain't happening! :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Hey! iLok.com is BACK UP!! I just deposited the license and looks like it's a full 30-day demo license which you can install on your iLok or on your hard drive.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

OH man... you do NOT want to try the demo!! It's sound reeeallly good to me! :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Oh man! Just put the Charlie May "vocal 02" preset on my lead vocal on one of my tunes. I'm so $79 poorer after the 30 day demo runs out! :banghead:

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BKK-OZ wrote:Damn you Mr Steele.
:wink: :wink:

I got that email, thought to myself, '...no, you do not need another 'verb plugin, even though you love all things Eventide...', and assuming great cost as well, trashed the email immediately.

Then I see your headline with '$79'. I mean, its only $79, right?

must not... must not... must not... click on link.
Seriously... you download that demo... you're done. :love:

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

$64 at PluginDiscounts :wink:
You must log in for the price.
http://plugindiscounts.com/home/6710-ev ... ative.html
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Looks like the demo is two weeks, not 30 days? I thought it said 30 days then found an email from Eventide in my inbox stating that it's 2 weeks. I'll have to see what iLok manager says.

Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

No way I can pass this up. Been wanting an Eventide reverb plug-in for a long time. I look forward to working the demo. I'm not too fond of their sample reel. :?
DP10.13
Dan Worley

Post by Dan Worley »

Wow! Fun! Easy to tweak and sounds great! Has plenty of useful presets as a starting off point. Aside from the fact that it cost money, what's not to love?

Good deal. Thanks for the heads up on this, James. And Kgdrum, thanks for the discount tip.
DP10.13
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Many thanks: I run the demo _ :wink:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I won't keep posting, but I have to say, I was really impressed. I've wanted a good algorithmic reverb that can give me some of that old school sound of some of the great hardware boxes in history. I don't feel like I'll need the Lexicon native bundle for a while with what I've heard from this unit so far.

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Thanks for the warning. :-) I just ordered my first-ever over-$1000 mic, for some upcoming vocal sessions, so the budget is shot, but luckily this discount period extends into mid-October (unlike all the other ones I get daily and which expire by 30 SEP before I can build up funds again).

I'm pretty sure I'll want this for final vocal production.
Last edited by mhschmieder on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH