List of BPM Bugs

Moderator: ssp

DeepDrums
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

List of BPM Bugs

Post by DeepDrums »

Hello,

I use to sketch my beats with BPM for more than 6 months now. It is isntalled on powerfull i7 CPU machine with lots of RAM. This is my list of its bugs up to date:

- Loading Big Beat '125 - can U See" at 96Khz freeze cubase and whole system crash;

- Loading Chorus as preset insert on 96Khz blows speakers away with some harash noise! Be careful.
Also playing a drum oscillator with Chorus at 96Khz gives an following noise tone in the left output;

- Doesn't respond to Novation Automap protocol (largest controller protocol);

- Is VERY sensitive to WiFi and background processes;

- Almost impossible to work with it under 4-7 ms due to many interferences;

- The performance is very CPU demanding. Only very simple tasks made ASIO meter to jump into the sky. And this is a common problem that many users have (from forum posts).

If you know other bugs, please add it in this thread so then maybe its developer will response as it is impossible to get in touch with them otherwise.

Long live BPM :headbang:

Cheers.
b-righteous

Re: List of BPM Bugs

Post by b-righteous »

I noticed the bug in chorus @96k a while ago. Also one of the delay modules has a bug at 96k when you turn the feedback up past midpoint it gives a similar loud noise. There are a couple presets that will trigger that one. Same deal in UVI workstation. I stopped trying to work with 96k though since the whole system is under too much stress so I work with 48k now.

For me BPM is efficient on CPU other than any preset that uses the IR reverb will be heavy. This is to be expected though from a quality IR and the one in BPM sounds really good. You can avoid this by unticking the load bank fx etc. in the browser. This stops it from loading the verb all the time. I only let it load the kit effects. Also note that using the drum synth a lot will chew a bit of CPU so you will notice the heavy kits have several drum synth pads and or use the IR.

There is already a bug and feature request list on this forum but the 96k bugs in the chorus and delay are not reported there. There is also a bug with BPM x64 Windows crashing Maschine. If I use the 32 bit it works with jbridge but have to tick the option in jbridge "prevent host control when GUI is closed".
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by BKK-OZ »

DeepDrums wrote:maybe its developer will response as it is impossible to get in touch with them otherwise.
The developers of BPM and MOTU, who badge and sell BPM, have nothing to do with this site, and it is unlikely that they will come here looking for bugs. You say that the developers are impossible to communicate with - have you tried raising a Tech note with MOTU? It has worked for me in the past...
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
DeepDrums

Post by DeepDrums »

BKK-OZ wrote:
DeepDrums wrote:maybe its developer will response as it is impossible to get in touch with them otherwise.
The developers of BPM and MOTU, who badge and sell BPM, have nothing to do with this site, and it is unlikely that they will come here looking for bugs. You say that the developers are impossible to communicate with - have you tried raising a Tech note with MOTU? It has worked for me in the past...
Yes I have tried. The ticket just stay opened for months without any response...