BPM and Stylus RMX

Moderator: ssp

seymorskinner
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM and Stylus RMX

Post by seymorskinner »

Just wondering whether someone else uses BPM and Stylus RMX together without probelms? I only bought BPM about a month ago and shortly after also upgraded my system to Win7 (from Vista).

I use Cubase 5 and Presonus Studio One. The problem is on both my DAW's:
1) both BPM and RMX are loaded in my project
2) as soon as I try to choose a different groove from RMX (within the RMX browser)my DAW crashes (error message "an unexpected error occured...").

Initially I thought it came from Win7 but then after extensive testing (I have many VST's and plugins) I identified that the problem comes from BPM. I can use both, RMX and BPM, within any project and no problems but as soon as they are together in one project (and I click within the RMX browser) I get this issue.

I use the 32-Bit version of Cubase and Studio One. 64_bit doesn't seem to crash but that doesn't help me because quite a few of my VST's and Plugins are not available in 64-Bit.

My system:

Studio One Pro, Cubase 5, Win7Pro x64, IntelCore 2 Quad 2.4, 8GB DDR2, UAD-2 Duo, Waves Platinum, Yamaha KX-61, Faderport, MPD18 & way too many plugin's!

Any help or suggestion would be appeciated!
fullertime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM and Stylus RMX

Post by fullertime »

I use them both and have no problems but I am on a mac. It may be a pc system specific issue.
FULLER - Raleigh/Durham, NC

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do."
--------------------
MacPro 3gHz 8-Core 16 GRam// OS 10.7.5 // ApogeePSX 100 // MOTU896 // MOTU Audio Express // DP8.01 //
ssp

Re: BPM and Stylus RMX

Post by ssp »

I dont have any issue when using bpm with rmx or other seriously cpu and ram hungry plugins.

I have bpm, rmx, trillian and waldorf largo running and I have no issues.
The thing is , not everyones pc is the same so an issue on yours may not present itself on anothers.

Which revision of bpm are you running? and what libraries are you runing also.

make sure your drivers etc are all upto date, also any revisions for the current software for use in win7.

So many factors when it comes to pc.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
seymorskinner

Post by seymorskinner »

Well I know its a Windows issue but I was hoping someone would have a good tip where to check it out. Also, today I noticed its not an BPM issue alone: it's also happening with Ethno Instrument 2 and UVI Workstation which tells me that the whole problem has something to do with the UVI engine since all 3 are using the same engine. So for some reason UVI engine and Stylus RMX have a problem. I checked out again my 64-Bit host and its not crashing there. Mystery!
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Don't have RMX so I can't test. RMX is also based on the UVI engine so maybe it's some compatibility issues between different versions of the same engine being loaded at the same time.
seymorskinner

Post by seymorskinner »

No, Stylus RMX is not UVI, its SAGE. The first version of Stylus was UVI.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Deleted double post.
Last edited by b-righteous on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

My bad, I forgot about SAGE for some reason. Now they got STEAM. I'm getting old. lol