Piano Roll issues

Moderator: ssp

monk
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Piano Roll issues

Post by monk »

Hope someone can help. Whenever I try to record an inst. track in the piano roll Iget wierd over lapping notes. It doesn't seem to do it on bass inst. but everything else gets these overlapping notes even if I'm just bearly tapping the keys. Has anyone else had this issue. Thanx in adv. for any feedback.
bobbybland

Re: Piano Roll issues

Post by bobbybland »

Hello,
I haven't noticed this.Is this while quantize is on/off? Where does it happen most,at the end of the loop,or everywhere in the piano roll,during playback?
monk

Post by monk »

Quantize on or off and everywhere in the loop. A few notes will be ok, but alot of them will overlapping. I'll drag a few of the lines back or forward to try and get the notes on track, but this is tedious work. I wonder if it's the keyboard controller. I'm using an Aiom 25. I have an Yamaha MM6, I'll try it with also. Thx for the reply.
monk

Post by monk »

Hey Bobbyland, I have come to the conclusion that is my Axiom 25 thats the culprit. I've used the MM6 and all the notes come out just like I played them (which may or may not be a good thing since I'm not a real good keyboard player)Glad it's not BPM, cuz theres other issues I'm tryin to sort out. For instance, I'll use Edison to chop my sample and drag it onto the pads. the first pad will not receive any sounds and sample will not be chopped the way I did it, for example, I may chop an 8 bar loop using 8 slice points, when I drag the sample over, the slice will play more like 16th or 32nd note slices (U know real short, not the length I use) Really weird, huh. I'm still tryin to figure that one out, any feedback, my guy? Thx
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Glad you figured it out.I'd stay on the MM6 :wink: