Stable soundcard for x64 and Bpm? Any hints?

Moderator: ssp

bobbybland

Stable soundcard for x64 and Bpm? Any hints?

Post by bobbybland »

Hi,
Well I just got word from dev's that they have no idea,on what's going on with the x64 issues,I'm having.. So I thought to ask the windows users about what soundcards having the best performance with Bpm on Vista64?
I had a motu896hd,and it was decent.. Are there any users that can recommend me a card that's playing well with Bpm in x64?
Main thing I'm looking for is,a stable low latency card be it pci/firewire W/SPDIF...
Thanks alot FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS..
edsolo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Stable soundcard for x64 and Bpm? Any hints?

Post by edsolo »

So far I don't own BPM - so I dunno if its runngin well with it, but the RME Fireface 400 is very reliant and running on low latency. Converters are very decent as well.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Thanks for the response..
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I may try Lynx,Rme or Motu.. I need to get rid of this old emu anyways..lol :mrgreen:
edsolo

Post by edsolo »

I wouldn't recommend Motu converter-wise...but that's another chapter.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

edsolo wrote:I wouldn't recommend Motu converter-wise...but that's another chapter.
Hi,
We'll be running other A/D + D/A converters...Thanks though..Main thing I care about is extremely low latency stable drivers,have had Motu's they we're Okay,E-mu decent with mostly everything I use,but not Bpm.. Bpm is that good to where I'm questioning my setup. :wink:
zlindrin

Post by zlindrin »

Well I use the M-Audio Delta 1010LT PCI Audio Interface and I have had no problems with it one bit. It's a beast of a sound card. It sounds awesome and I have not, to this day, had any latency problems or sound problems from it.

That's what I would recommend cause not only is it a great card, it's cheap as well but very stable and durable.

Here's some info on it.

Price: $199.99(From American Musical Supply and most all Online retail stores that sell music equipment.)

8 x 8 unbalanced analog I/O
2 built-in mic preamps
1 x 1 MIDI I/O
word clock I/O for sample accurate device synchronization
S/PDIF digital I/O with PCM and AC-3/DTS surround
includes Ableton Live Lite music production software, so you can make music right away

The Delta 1010LT delivers much of the same universal connectivity, high fidelity and seamless performance as the popular Delta 1010 on a single PCI card—and at a fraction of the price. Multiple analog I/O, MIDI, S/PDIF and surround sound support are all here. Two inputs even have mic/line preamps on XLR connectors, saving the expense of outboard preamps. It’s all on a compact, half-size PCI card with two color-coded breakout cables. Combine up to four Deltas* in your system for a maximum of 32 analog and four stereo S/PDIF inputs and outputs.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Hi zlindrin,
Which Daw do you use, has it worked well in Pro Tools as well? If you don't mind letting me know what kind of pc to you have this installed in? I've done some research on the card apparently it's very nice from what you and others have been saying.Can you say if you've tested it on win7,or vista64?

Thanks alot.
BDrake

Post by BDrake »

I use M-Audio FastTrack on Win7 64bit with Cubase5, BPM, Reason4.0 with no issues at all. I love it. :wink:
mokaz

Post by mokaz »

Hi,

I'm using a Native Instruments Audio 8 DJ.
It works great although with BPM some times i've got to drop my overall latency settings to avoid clicks and pops... But i think this as rather to do with BPM itself...

Cheers,
m.