Mono? Poly? Note off?

Moderator: ssp

eventstudioz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Mono? Poly? Note off?

Post by eventstudioz »

hi there, using the pad banks and want to use it as note off or mono is there a way to do this ? cant seem to find it in the manual, thanks
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mono? Poly? Note off?

Post by carrythebanner »

I'm not entirely sure if I understand what you mean. If you're saying what I think you are, then try adjusting the Poly setting in the upper right corner of the pad waveform view. For monophonic response, use 1. I don't think there's a way to trigger pads with note-off instead of note-on.
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
solidwon

Post by solidwon »

I actually make use of exclusive groups to accomplish the mono vs the poly... polyphony could do this as well but then it limits you. as for note off, use a rack, or you can have a silent note to cut off the sample in an exclusive group sp1200 style... If I came form an MPC to this program I would be pissed.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Really need a shortcut for assigning multiple samples at a time to mute groups.. Hopefully they add this in the next update soon..
eventstudioz

Post by eventstudioz »

carrythebanner wrote:I'm not entirely sure if I understand what you mean. If you're saying what I think you are, then try adjusting the Poly setting in the upper right corner of the pad waveform view. For monophonic response, use 1. I don't think there's a way to trigger pads with note-off instead of note-on.
great!! thats it! :lol:
djblunt

Post by djblunt »

solidwon wrote:If I came form an MPC to this program I would be pissed.
I'm a MPC user and after finding this forum I'm second guessing myself as to if buying this program today was as good of an idea as I first thought. And not having the 16 level auto-chromatic note variation like on the MPC should've stopped me from buying it in the first place. I may send it back.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

be patient it's on the feature request list. :wink:
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2