Map slices to pads: !! What the Heck?!!

Moderator: ssp

Upright
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Map slices to pads: !! What the Heck?!!

Post by Upright »

Someone help me out with this one,..Are you telling me that BPM will only pad the first 16 slices to pads even though there are more than 16 slices in the Clip window? If so this is super broken!! Please someone tell me I'm overlooking something,...please!! :evil: :evil:
2.83 GHz Core 2 Quad,EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram,2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Motu BPM, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500
enot

Re: Map slices to pads: !! What the Heck?!!

Post by enot »

bro. you are not overlooking anything. this is very disappointing for all of use who bought this software. with the intention that motu knew what they where doing when they designed bpm. bpm is very uselessto the degree that (me personaly) have software that does more then what bpm does. i hope the moderator does not erase this message as he did my last. it is a major upset about bpm. the designers of bpm need to hear this, and go back to the drawing board. let me say this also" in my opinion"the idea of designing software is to #1, replace the hardware that some already have or, be better then the hardware or software that's out., bpm does not do that, but it does look good. its not better then propellerhead reason redrum"which is a cool program and easy to use" its not better then fruity loops which is better then reason, because of its drum module being more flexible. and the audio editor in bpm is not better then audacity which is free!. i also want to say this! do not take our comments as a dis. we only speak the truth and try to give the developers the eyes and ears that are needed. to pull of the best job possible. we know you guys work hard on developing your product but there is a thing of being to focused where you forget the little thing. and that is what has happened. and yes we get frustrated about it because we have spent or hard earned money on something that we thought was of value to our music making process but which was actually not. majority of us have something more user friendly then motu bpm and majority of us feel like we have waisted or money on a product that was under developed and did not have the user in mind when it was designed. but you can come back from this slump and we are all waiting for that to happen, with out having to buy bpm version 2.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Yes sadly it's not yet working the correct way,I think they need to allow us to slice to rack - for 88 keys !! I use alot more then 16 slices..
Currently EmulatorX2 and Slicex are the ones to beat as far as slicing/chopping samples in the box(vsti) imo.. Other then that, Mpc's are still in heavy usage around here and are still so hard to beat..

Btw It's good to post your thoughts,so the developers can get an idea of what the end user needs.. Oh If you need to check out other threads where the developer does indeed visit,then post here >> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120
Oddly they do not post at this forum..
Upright

Post by Upright »

enot wrote:...... with out having to buy bpm version 2.

Rest assured,....unless they get this version straightened out I will never consider buying a "version 2".

bobbybland wrote:Yes sadly it's not yet working the correct way,I think they need to allow us to slice to rack - for 88 keys !! I use alot more then 16 slices..
Currently EmulatorX2 and Slicex are the ones to beat as far as slicing/chopping samples in the box(vsti) imo.. Other then that, Mpc's are still in heavy usage around here and are still so hard to beat..

Btw It's good to post your thoughts,so the developers can get an idea of what the end user needs.. Oh If you need to check out other threads where the developer does indeed visit,then post here >> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120
Oddly they do not post at this forum..

I saw the BPM thread over at KVR,....is this the thread to post to give suggestions to the developers?
2.83 GHz Core 2 Quad,EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram,2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Motu BPM, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Well it seems to be a spot where he posts,so I would gather it's more acceptable in terms of communication ,via one on one,as well as others..If you can stand what Kvr is about I'd say go for it..
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

bobbybland wrote:Well it seems to be a spot where he posts,so I would gather it's more acceptable in terms of communication ,via one on one,as well as others..If you can stand what Kvr is about I'd say go for it..
Yeah... well considering my lack of time to moderate and the negativity that abounds nowadays in this forum, it's not surprising the developer doesn't visit. Actually, interesting that it's a UVI rep that posts there and not a MOTU person, but UVI pretty much is contracted out by MOTU for this stuff it appears.

As for the person who had their post deleted, I probably had good reason. Certain posts that come across as just venting and diatribes sometimes get the ax.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Seems like this might be a Windows version issue too looking at hardware in your sigs. I'll move this appropriately.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

James.. I completely agree with your posts..

I don't understand why this has become a "Poor me" cry fest.. Can you make music with it? I can.. Yes there is some problems, but there is Problems with every software, nothing is Flawless!

To compare BPM with a full DAW something is wrong with people that do that..Yeah I can rip on any software out there.. It's called work arounds.. People today don't know the meaning of hard work.. Think back in the days of analog.. damn, when I went to school in 2003 for audio engineering we had an analog course and demagnetizing a studer 2 two track was a pain in the rear and spliciing.. Shiss that was a joke.. Music does require some thinking, its just that laziness took over.. and a lot of people need lazy tools to do everything.. Now I'm just waiting on someone to invent a mind beat machine so all i have to do is think about it and it creates a beat..But then again will there be another "poor me" session.Cuz we didn't think good enough?.

I'm not trying to offend ANYONE (that is why I said most people, People today, main subject is people, I did not say people in this forum or implying, I have browsed many other forums..) So dont take offense..

All I'm trying to say is be patience, yeah I have been frustrated several times too, but not enough to say BPM is not usable because it doesn't intregrate with Live, or Reason (other forums remember?)... If anyone says they cannot make music with BPM, then something is wrong with that person, so my advice would be to stick to those loops, stick to ripping stuff from soundclick, myspace or wherever they get crap and stick to audacity or reaper...

I've grown tight will some of you guys on this forum.. I'm shock to see a 360 flip in attitudes.. Come on peeps lets do what we do best.. Collab, share, make, and feel our music.. Don't let this stop us..

Please remember this

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Now who wants to Collab?????????????????
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

When I run an x64 cpu,and my ASIO shoots to 100%,STRICTLY BECAUSE OF MOTU's BPM I think I have a right to complain.. Work around yes, go back to an older 32bit cpu,and stop producing the way I've become comfortable for the last few years on x64..FUN. :roll:
By the way I know exactly what hardwork is (pipewelder) day job/studio on the side.. Thats not the point,the point is, I bought the plugin to be able to use it... I hope you can understand some of us do have a real right at saying some negative things..

Word to Motu's marketing team, next time throw in the " sorry,but :| could do this on your system" before you hype a product..
oh yeah,and like the thread's topic says - map slices to pads!! This needs a fix.. Maybe slice to rack? 16 slices is indeed too few for some,no? Oh thats right slice the sample multiple times,until it works right?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bobbybland wrote:...some of us do have a real right at saying some negative things...
I'm sure you do. I just have always found it interesting when people come on to this board and flame away and then lecture me that it's their RIGHT. And it's not that I'm into censoring negative posts so long as the criticism is presented in a rational and fair manner with specifics to back it up. But I would point out that nobody has any right to anything on this forum which is privately run... just to be clear.

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I've not flamed anyone,and I definitely don't recall flaming you. Yet I do have an opinion,more so a Thinker! :shock: Anyways if my posts offended anyone,I didn't mean for that to happen.. Maybe just a bit restless with the unability to use the app.. so sorry if I offended anyone..
Update: I did get notice from a dev,and he will communicate more regarding my x64 issues tomorrow.. cool..
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

I don't mean to jump in.. But I can tell I have crossed the line.. So I want to say I'm sorry to all of you James, Upright and you Bobbybland (Seriously man, I had no intentions on upsetting you)..
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

bobbybland wrote:I've not flamed anyone,and I definitely don't recall flaming you. Yet I do have an opinion,more so a Thinker! :shock: Anyways if my posts offended anyone,I didn't mean for that to happen.. Maybe just a bit restless with the unability to use the app.. so sorry if I offended anyone..
Update: I did get notice from a dev,and he will communicate more regarding my x64 issues tomorrow.. cool..
I wasn't really talking about you in particular. It's just a trend I've seen lately. On thing about running boards like this is you always HATE it when there are issues with software as it means that things will be ugly on the forums and you will have days where you don't even want to come here. You have to keep in mind that the those who aren't having problems with something won't generally post about how great things are working. But people sign up all the time just to vent. It sometimes bums me out because I'll see that the person joined and has only made 1 post or 2. They'll pitch a fit, then disappear and never contribute or try to help by answering a question or participating in a "community" of users.

Again... I'm not trying to single out anybody here... just something I observe in general.

bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Hi James,
I understand,and I bet that could get quite frustrating.Thanks for taking the time out to post back,and also allow us to frequent this forum.Just hoping these guys can fix the performance issues soon..
Again thanks for posting.
Upright

Post by Upright »

bobbybland wrote:Hi James,
I understand,and I bet that could get quite frustrating.Thanks for taking the time out to post back,and also allow us to frequent this forum.Just hoping these guys can fix the performance issues soon..
Again thanks for posting.

Same here,....I'd just like to see this software preform to it's maximum potential. :D