Moderator: ssp

eventstudioz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

couple of general questions

Post by eventstudioz »

my manual is at home
can any one point out a pdf one

or help me load sample fromsample cd
and in the clip section you click slice - is there a way to move the chop lines manually so that i can home in on the bits i want

thanks
bobbybland

Re: couple of general questions

Post by bobbybland »

Hi,
Currently,we are not able to move the slices manually,I know it sucks :cry: hopefully they address this in an update soon.THIS is a huge request from the majority of users.. We're all waiting for that feature.
eventstudioz

Post by eventstudioz »

i m on 1.3 and it keeps crashing. wont be selling mpc just yet :lol:
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Yes they still need to do alot of work, it's rather disheartening.. I haven't had any crashes on 1.03 though,but I just cannot use it properly between the pops and clicks with the sampler,and the high asio usage in cubase 5.01
What exactly we're you doing when it crashed? Btw, they (motu) do not officially support this forum,you might have better luck
here>>> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120
or even here >>>>http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.ph ... 60&page=23
These spots I've found the developer stops by and communicates..

Good Luck,and yes keep the Mp for now.. :wink:
eventstudioz

Post by eventstudioz »

was just doing something like copying a loop over and it buggered up
the mpc swing aint quite there, but i have a 3k which is different to say a 1000/2500 which this will be based on

what id like to see it do is be more user friendly as in hands on chopping not machine chops, i cant work out a lot of things that despite what peeps say (RTFM etc) i believe making a loop more than 2 bar lengths should not be hard to work out.
I still aint worked that out which is odd.
can u reduce bit rate in this? to perhaps make it sound like a 950 or 1200 etc?

if you could give me a heads up on the bar lenthg thing that be great. would you say they are going to come out with a 1.4 with hands on control better than 1.3?
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

I'd hope they do,as far as bar length - > make sure your in the sequencer window, look for steps,choose how many steps you want there.. it's defaulted at 16 steps,you can go up to 128 steps.. then create more patterns,by going down to patterns,and changing it to the next,also copying etc..

As far as the swing.. >> try using the POS of the swing as well.. That will dial in more control..I'm hoping they allow the POS to be controlled via MIDI cc at some point soon too..
I use Emulator X2 for changing the bit rate, the sp1200 emulation is done by selecting the small circle button near the bank and rack tabs (left) although I'm not so convinced it sounds as good or as pure as the real thing.Best plugin for that is D16 Decimort imho..Check those out..