BPM and BPM SAMPLER not communicating in Sonar

Moderator: ssp

ba-midi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM and BPM SAMPLER not communicating in Sonar

Post by ba-midi »

HI everyone.

Perhaps some one here has this issue or a resolution for it ...

I'm using Sonar 8.3.1 Producer Edition. I'm trying to use the BPM Sampler (plugin) with BPM. I've followed the instructions to a T (it's not rocket science) and have watched some videos on YouTube showing the procedure; but to state the situaion:

I insert BPM as usual in the Synth Rack (btw, BPM is working just fine in all other manner with version 1.0.2).
I insert BPM Sampler in the FX bin of an audio track.
I hit Play and the BPM Sampler meters show proper activity and levels so I know signal is getting there.
THen I bring up BPM and select the sampler as the "source", then I click the CLIP button, and again choose the Sampler as the source.
I start playback in Sonar - all meters look good in Sampler, and sound fine.
When I click RECORD in the clip window, another window pops up and starts scrolling a message that it can't load the "Tempx.wav" file (where x is a number).

So I try the same thing but using the Pad. I select a pad, then click on the record button in BPM at the top, and sampler shows fine metering, but no sample gets recorded.

If anyone can confirm they are using the BPM sampler/BPM combo successfully in Sonar 8.x and, if you are, tell me what I'm doing wrong? (I'm sure I"m following the correct procedure, but ya never know).

I've put in a tech ticket at MOTU, but that could take a week :shock:

Thanks in advance for any feedback/help.
Dance to the rhythm of life.
http://www.ba-MIDI.com/music/files
Cairns
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM and BPM SAMPLER not communicating in Sonar

Post by Cairns »

Ba-MIDI.. You are doing everything correct.. but as to this statement:
So I try the same thing but using the Pad. I select a pad, then click on the record button in BPM at the top, and sampler shows fine metering, but no sample gets recorded.
Once the sample is in the clip window.. you must click on the clip window that contains the sample you just got.. choose select all and then Shift +Alt while clicking on the sample then drag to a pad or you can select "Map to Pads" inside the clip window.....

My video explains how to do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqz7jISYnwI
If anyone can confirm they are using the BPM sampler/BPM combo successfully in Sonar 8.x
Yes.. I can confirm
I insert BPM Sampler in the FX bin of an audio track.
I hit Play and the BPM Sampler meters show proper activity and levels so I know signal is getting there.
THen I bring up BPM and select the sampler as the "source", then I click the CLIP button, and again choose the Sampler as the source.
I start playback in Sonar - all meters look good in Sampler, and sound fine.
When I click RECORD in the clip window, another window pops up and starts scrolling a message that it can't load the "Tempx.wav" file (where x is a number).
That message I have never seen before.. in this step what are you trying to do? Are you trying to Sample from an outside source directly using BPM thru Sonar? resample an audio track already recorded on Sonar? or resample from BPM then transfer to Sonar audio track?

Here is another video of mine.. that may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8esXEQT ... re=related
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
hugy

Post by hugy »

It looks like that BPM try to create a temporary file to store the sampled data but doesn't succeed.
Do you have enough space and privileges to create/write files on C: ?
Upright

Post by Upright »

I'm using Sonar PE 8.3.1. I am currently still going through BPM's physical manual.,...I'm not sure if the physical manual covers the sample mode or not(If so I haven't made it to this section yet) but I will open up Sonar tonight and see if everything works for me. I will post my results as soon as possible.

PS: why are you not using Sonar PE 8.3.1 ?
2.83 GHz Core 2 Quad,EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram,2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Motu BPM, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Upright wrote:I'm using Sonar PE 8.3.1. I am currently still going through BPM's physical manual.,...I'm not sure if the physical manual covers the sample mode or not(If so I haven't made it to this section yet) but I will open up Sonar tonight and see if everything works for me. I will post my results as soon as possible.

PS: why are you not using Sonar PE 8.3.1 ?
He is using 8.3.1 actually we all are.. he tells us in is first post.. But I'm curious what results you have? Please share.. This is interesting..

Ba-MIDI have you figured it out yet?
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
Upright

Post by Upright »

Cairns wrote:
He is using 8.3.1 actually we all are.. he tells us in is first post..

Doh!!! I must have been looking at his version of BPM :oops: :oops: :oops: How Embarassing!! Oops,...my apologies.

Ok,...on to my report. :D

Tried it last night and everything works flawlessly, without any problems. The only thing I noticed was that I wasn't able to sample to the clip window if I click the 'Sample' button before changing the input to the BPM Sampler 1 . So basically if I opened the clip window and then pressed sample with clip input set to BPMVST 1 Output instead the BPM sampler 1 I would not be able to sample using BPM sampler 1 until I closed the clip window and re-open it, and choose BPM sampler 1 before pressing the 'Sampling' button....in other words, before you press 'Sampling' make sure your clip input is set to the BPM Sampler 1. This is the only issue I had,....other than this everything works just fine. :D
2.83 GHz Core 2 Quad,EP45-DS3R Mother Board 2GB ram,2 sata 500GB drives, M-Audio ProFire 610, Sonar 8PE, Motu BPM, Alpha Track, Mpc 2500
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Hey upright,

do you have a CPu issue when using BPM in Sonar 8?
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.