Anyone have BPM working good in Vista 64?

Moderator: ssp

bobbybland

Anyone have BPM working good in Vista 64?

Post by bobbybland »

Anyone have BPM working good in Vista 64? When I try to use it in vista 64/windows 7 64, it goes ape and it's asio levels are too much to use it! Thanks..
bobbybland

Re: Anyone have BPM working good in Vista 64?

Post by bobbybland »

???? :|
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Better yet,I should say 1.0.2 latest release..It is totally unusable here on x64 vista sp1, anyone else?? :?:
Cairns
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Cairns »

Yes.. I got Vista x64 adn my BPM is working like a charm.. never had problems with it.. except vista placed some files in different sections but no biggie.. .Whats up? I don't use windows 7.. however BPM only goes CPU crazy when I use all 17 outputs inside my daw which is Sonar8 PE...otherwise it works great!

Maybe I can help.. what exactly are you trying to do when your CPU goes ape ****?
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Hi Cairns,
Thanks for the response.I basically just press play on Bpm in Cubase 5 within Vista64/or windows 7 and the cubase asio meter goes haywire,I'm talking like 90% - I'm using an E-MU 1820M latest drivers,and I'm having no luck.In XP,there are no problems whatsoever.. The E-mu drivers are known to work well in Vista as well as 7,and no other vst/vsti suffers from this other then BPM,I'm very stressed,as most of my material is done on 64bit cpu's due to RAM...

I'm lost,I've tried new installs,tweaking bios,updates to bios,videocards etc..

Only Bpm with the issue..

Can you say what soundcard your using? Any idea's? Thanks again..

My idea is to get Motu to stabilize this app! :wink:
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

I have the Motu ultralite mk3... However the manual talks about CPu usage. Did you adjust the polyphony on each pad? the default is 16 which you need to lower down to 1-4.. This gave me some CPU back.. You also enabled the Read Caching Playback Buffers right? inside Cubase? adjust the playback and not the record buffers from default 128 to 512 you should notice a huge difference (hopefully).. Also I know others are using that Asio4all and I would say don't.. those people are having more problems than anyone.. Here is a suggestion adn tell me if it works.. you got Cubase 5 try to re-install but install the 32 bit version.. Yes you can install the 32 bit and it will sit just fine next to the 64 bit.. you will notice a reduce rate of CPU usage.. Don't worry about he plug-ins and other content cuz they will be fine.. Just install the 32 bit version.. Only if you want to.. I've noticealess amount of CPU when I use the 32 bit version.. though I prefer 64 bit instead.. remember Vista OS is 32 bit compatible, the x64bit processor chip is 64 and won't run as hard with a 32 bit version.. so this will be fine, Cakewalk gave me this idea when I had problems using all 17 outputs.. it helped out some it reduce from 76-85% down to 40-50%.. this was a noticeable difference...
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Those tweaks do nothing to help.I have to think there is something wrong with Bpm when using it with the e-mu drivers in vista,hopefully they spot this post and work on a fix a.s.a.p.
I have the 32bit plug installed,only 1 output etc. theres something definitely wrong with the plug,I had a motu 896 hd and it played a bit better with it,asio for all,same issues..
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Any word on this? A fix is really needed here.. :|
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

BUMP..
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

Another daily bump.. And while we're at it,how about an official response on this.. arrhhgh
Cairns

Post by Cairns »

Hmm....

I'm sure Motu is fixing this issue, even though we need to have time & patience, I know it will be worth the wait.
Music is a moral law,
a soul to the universe,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.