Loading UVI Sounds..

Moderator: ssp

saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Loading UVI Sounds..

Post by saintjoe »

thanks man, yeah I thought the kits didn't show it off as well as it could, but I understand why they do their kits the way they do. Firstly, they want to maintain the fluidity of being able to quickly switch kits and patterns on the fly...

I think they can still do that without using the same perc/generic samples over and over.

Once I dug into it, I really enjoyed the sounds, and just make my own kits or replace parts in the existing kits, etc.

I would definitely like to see some more multisamples, maybe in an update, in addition to the x-samples they put in there.

but it's still a useful product, and I feel the BPM environment is awesome, I really like how you can expand and customize it with native libraries.

With this new update and the MIDI capabilities, I have a feeling it will be very close to the fluid workflow I get when using Maschine...for that, I am excited.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
b-righteous
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by b-righteous »

Been looking at Ethno 2. All the demos sound stellar so I wonder if it will work proper in BPM 1.5? Anyone tried it? Does the BPM racks support key switch presets?
hugy

Post by hugy »

b-righteous wrote:Been looking at Ethno 2. All the demos sound stellar so I wonder if it will work proper in BPM 1.5? Anyone tried it? Does the BPM racks support key switch presets?
It works and racks indeed supports key switch presets.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

b-righteous wrote:Been looking at Ethno 2. All the demos sound stellar so I wonder if it will work proper in BPM 1.5? Anyone tried it? Does the BPM racks support key switch presets?
opens up just fine in BPM, this is what I love about BPM and Motu/Uvi, expandability...

I honestly feel very limited if I try to go back and make a track just inside Maschine with it's sounds man lol, night and day difference.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

They trying to take my money. Nah, I am going to hold off and protest some more before I sell my house for all these soundbanks. :lol:
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

it's crazy man...

after messing with bpm and motu/uvi sounds... I tried to make a track in maschine with just the sounds in it's library and I couldn't find what I wanted man lol...they need to step it up in that area for sure. No expansions, no integration, it's been long enough lol.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

BPM has this locked for sure. Don't even try to find kits and instruments like these in Maschines library.

The problem is how this impacts your bank account. To start over and just go the Motu/UVI route will end up costing a grip to get the full spectrum of sounds. They need to offer more bundle discounts like buy 2 get 1 free.

I'm not going to dive into this like that until they get BPM more up to par to justify buying all those sounds for it. A few more tweaks though and I'm all in.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

Yeah I feel you...

I wish the BPM update included more instruments, Maschine has more instruments in the factory library than BPM, I can just imagine if they did a nice update and included some new and fresh instruments in the library, not just kits and drumloops.

Because you are right, going all into Motu/UVI isn't cheap, but I feel adding more instruments to the BPM factory library will entice folks even more once they get that taste. Real quality stuff in my opinion.

Also...you can still use all these sounds in the free uvi workstation too :) To me that's awesome, lol...it's not all tied to BPM, I love options.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Ever since I saw one of the first video's you did,when at the end you broke it down for NI,and said, integrate your libraries etc.. I thought, yeah man why would they not build Maschine with this in mind initially.. but after a gazillion posts in forums etc. wow after this long it's definitely shocking. I think NI's got to do something soon, with the controller working in BPM now, I'll admit,I'm focusing mainly UVI now.. I'm also starting to get more libraries for it,because they have a solid foundation,they just need a dedicated controller.I love NI to death,they are great,but after awhile man,it gets quite depressing,seeing newbies post- maschine + kore, or maschine + absynth, lol I mean NI knows what time it is..Maschine should be as capable as Kore is..but with so many options with them,I wonder how they will do it..lol

either way man,I hope they roll out something big this year cuz I love what they got too..

bpm imo,wasn't a contender until 1.5 came out if you wanted some form of hands on integration, but now.. it's going to get scary for NI I think. Sample for sample UVI sounds good,plus with the fx it's on another level, b-righteous ur right man, the drums are top notch,whole overall sound is where it's at.. The more info I read up on UVI, the more I'm impressed when I see their equipment for instance..the converters they use,pre's,eq's etc.
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

yeah man, it comes down to sound really lol... and there's just more options over here. I'm sure NI will offfer some form of integration for sure, but...it won't make me stop using bpm/uvi combo lol..the autoload feature is dope too for quickly going through sounds. I have the up and down arrows mapped to maschine so it's just like scrolling on a workstation.

That said, I'm also looking forward to some new libraries from UVI, even though all of their stuff is pretty much timeless, I'd still like to see more. I'm not even sure what else they could do but you know lol...I just like to see forward motion is all.

They did something serious with the uvi engine, and they removed all excuses from anyone who says "we have a small team" lol...they are small but do big things.

Anyway, the combo of BPM with the available expansions is really a major situation yo lol.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Yeah man,I'm sold on it even more now that they did the update.I'm also glued to sounds and gear of course, I checked out ur video of anthology synths last night and today I bought the library,dling it now..I had forgot all about ultra focus..Now that it's in a format useable for bpm,I had to get it.. They have some very nice sounding library's,and I'm all about forward motion too, sometimes too much, lol.I'm interested in what else they do..

NI has the world in the palm of their hands though,with them,you can get a ton of material for cheap,and its very good..I just hope to see them take larger steps next time and shock the world. :D
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

I'm still adding to my library from the wealth of soundcards in the UVISoundSource :lol:

Already sittin on PlugSoundPro, Synths Anthology, XtremeFX, Mayhem of Loops, HipHop Planet, The Beat Box Anthology and STILL looking for whats next as well :D and then there's the MOTU stuff... Ethno Instrument, Symphonic Instrument, MachFive 2 and Electric Keys.

Seriously... having just a few of these should have any BPM/UVI user set for a long time to come!
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

yeah but the reality is...who's gonna stop before having all of them? lol

they are awesome, really love the option to expand, uvi/motu = motif, fantom, triton of the virtual world in my opinion lol.

that waveframe joint is serious...I think I like it overall better than plugsound pro! :mrgreen:
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

joker77 wrote:Yeah man,I'm sold on it even more now that they did the update.I'm also glued to sounds and gear of course, I checked out ur video of anthology synths last night and today I bought the library,dling it now..I had forgot all about ultra focus..Now that it's in a format useable for bpm,I had to get it.. They have some very nice sounding library's,and I'm all about forward motion too, sometimes too much, lol.I'm interested in what else they do..

NI has the world in the palm of their hands though,with them,you can get a ton of material for cheap,and its very good..I just hope to see them take larger steps next time and shock the world. :D
agree with everything you said...

despite all the plugins I have, I find myself just opening bpm and using stuff from the expansions.

I'd do the same if Maschine had expansions/integration.

I have an unhealthy appetite like we all do when it comes to this stuff, but between bpm and maschine I finally feel like I can make music the way I like without having to work in a daw...coming from the hardware world, this just feels right. :dance:

the ONLY daw that could come close...of course...is ableton live
joker77

Post by joker77 »

+1 waveframe is nice,got that 80's vibe to it.