Loading UVI Sounds..

Moderator: ssp

b-righteous
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Loading UVI Sounds..

Post by b-righteous »

Just picked up Electric Keys. Thanks for the heads up saintjoe. Very nice indeed. Lots of good stuff. The clavs are def better than Scarbee. You get a variety and they sound nice and funky and I am not even a big D6 fan. Great strings and a very warm B3. Way more balls than the ones offered by Native Instruments but you can't control the draw bars and settings like on the NI. Instead, you have to load a new preset for diff draw bar settings. The Rhodes are very nice and just slightly better than the ones in the Retro keys bundle. These are larger sized hi-rez instruments and I think they give the Scarbee Mark 1 a run for it's money. Still may prefer the Mark 1 and The Seventh but the ones in Electric Keys give a good variety.

One thing I noticed is I think some of the UVI libraries overlap with the MOTU products. The B3 is the same as Retro Organs minus one of the mics and some presets. If you are looking for electric keyboard instruments it might be a good idea to start with Electric keys first and bypass the ones on the UVI site. I also suspect the spirit of gongs is from Ethno 2.
saintjoe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by saintjoe »

yeah man, electric keys is really a dope library overall, I really like it a lot. I still love the scarbee mkI but overall I really enjoy the electric keys library as a whole.

I still like NI's new vintage organs a little better though lol. They nice. But overall I find myself using both, and I'm slightly preferring the smoothness of the Rhodes in Electric Keys more often.
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, videos, and reviews.
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Yes, the NI organs are very nice too. Certainly more convenient. A bummer trying to find the right organ sound scrolling through presets in EK. I just prefer the more beefy sound of some of the presets in Electric Keys.

Now I'm looking at filling out some sounds I'm seeking in Mach Five. Ive heard all the nightmare stories of bugs that never got fixed but just looking at it for a few bits in the library. The cross grade offer should take some of the sting out of the high price. :) Tried many libraries for Kontakt. Lot's of variety and a few are fantastic but the UVI/Motu stuff seems to be more my taste.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

word, motu/uvi has great sounds for sure
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Since my last post I did get Ethno 2 and Machfive. I was totally let down by Machfive. It is every bit as buggy as reported. Kontakt is just superior. The sonic content is not all that hot imo. Not as good as some of UVI's more recent libraries. Hopefully the new version will impress more when it is released. Ethno 2 sounded pretty good but not stellar. Seems the only old stuff that shines imo is the organs and Vintage Keys. Vintage Keys is one of my favorite sample collections. Synth Anthology is good too but now days synths like ACE top sample based synth patches. Still want to try IRCAM solo and Toy Museum but those are pricey for me right now.
saintjoe

Post by saintjoe »

I don't have much experience with MachFive but MachFive3 looked nice at NAMM. I agree, vintage keys is one of my favorites from Motu, I wasn't too impressed with the ircam stuff personally, it's cool but I liked some of the sounds in Motu Symphonic Instrument better, but then again, I'm more of a section strings guy lol, Ircam is all solo instruments. Some of the flutes are cool in there though.
Darcycpoes

Post by Darcycpoes »

I've tried that and still nothing.. I can click on it and nothing happens.. also another thing is the User folder when I click on that nothing happens..I'm not sure what is going on
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31