No Sample Input in BPM

Moderator: ssp

Simonh
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

No Sample Input in BPM

Post by Simonh »

Recently bought BPM, using with DP8 & Ableton 9, Motu Ultralite, OSX 10.8.4. I want to sample either ( preferably) standalone or through one of the above DAWs , but no matter what I seem to do I don't have any options under the sampling drop down, just "no choice". Have reinstalled OSX, Motu drivers, BPM itself, I am following the instructions, launching the bpm sampler separately, anyone any ideas ?!
Macbook Pro 17/Mach5 2/DP5/ProTools LE
mikehalloran

Re: No Sample Input in BPM

Post by mikehalloran »

Have you submitted this to MOTU support?
DP 11.3; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.2.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBP Catalina
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Simonh

Post by Simonh »

Hi yes, and appears to be a known problem currently being worked on, a sample input appears ( BPMs own output ) after 5-10 minutes, no sign of external inputs though which was one of the main reasons I went for BPM so I could sample external audio or soundflower audio directly in :-(
Macbook Pro 17/Mach5 2/DP5/ProTools LE
MOTU_Tech

Post by MOTU_Tech »

Simonh wrote:Hi yes, and appears to be a known problem currently being worked on, a sample input appears ( BPMs own output ) after 5-10 minutes, no sign of external inputs though which was one of the main reasons I went for BPM so I could sample external audio or soundflower audio directly in :-(
BPM will not see external input devices. You need to have the BPM Sampler application running in the background. BPM Sampler will find your external inputs and patch them through to BPM (this is why you see the BPM Sampler Output as the only option in BPM's sample input menu).

Cheers,
MOTU Tech Support

Please advise all technical inquires should be submitted directly to MOTU's support channels (phone and online support).
fm3_1975

Post by fm3_1975 »

Simonh wrote:Recently bought BPM, using with DP8 & Ableton 9, Motu Ultralite, OSX 10.8.4. I want to sample either ( preferably) standalone or through one of the above DAWs , but no matter what I seem to do I don't have any options under the sampling drop down, just "no choice". Have reinstalled OSX, Motu drivers, BPM itself, I am following the instructions, launching the bpm sampler separately, anyone any ideas ?!

I have this same issue...