BPM Sampler

Moderator: ssp

Jaci82
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM Sampler

Post by Jaci82 »

I`d like to use BPM Sampler to capture the output of my MachFive3 performance.
Setup: Standalone BPM 1.5 and standalone MachFive3. OSX 10.7.4. I dont`want to use a DAW when working on my first ideas. Tried different settings but won`t work. Any ideas appreciated.. does anybody uses Soundflower and has a possible setup example...
elohimfetus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BPM Sampler

Post by elohimfetus »

Hey I don't have SoundFlower... but is funny I just got finished doing what you asked about 10 mins before I saw the post. I hope you have already figure this out since you asked in Sept and this is April of the next year.

I'm not using a DAW. I have an audio interface.

I set up my hardware first. I have a cable with 2 TRS on one end and 2 RCA on the other. I put the TRS into OUT 3 and 4 on my interface and the 2 RCA into IN 5 and 6 on the same interface. That will take sound out of the computer and pass it back into the computer.

Open Mach Five Goto 'File'->'Audio and MIDI Settings' and set your Main outs to 3 and 4.
Now get your sound ready to play.
Open BPM Sampler. Goto 'File'->'Audio and MIDI Settings' and set your Main Inputs to 5 and 6. I set my Main outputs to 1 and 2 (those go to the Monitors).
Open BPM and then open the Sample Clip Board. Select 'BPM Sampler 1' in the drop down.
Hit 'Sampling' (record) and play your MachFive sounds. You have just recorded your sounds from Mach Five 3.

This will work for all sound including itunes and movies if you set your computer to run all sound out of 3 and 4.