BPM 2.0 integrated with MACH FIVE 3?

Moderator: ssp

elohimfetus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM 2.0 integrated with MACH FIVE 3?

Post by elohimfetus »

I would like to see BPM 2.0 integrated with MACH FIVE 3. I have another question on the forum that no one has answered yet about M5 and BPM compatibility. So I don't know if this is already possible. But I would like to use the MACH FIVE Sounds (and other cool stuff) in BPM 2.0. This would be appropriate since apparently NI has already done this with K8 and Maschine 1.7.

I chose BPM over Maschine, so I have committed to MOTU & UVI. It's been a good decision so far. Does any one know if that same type of integration is being planned with M5 and BPM?

Maschine 1.7 integrates with Komplete 8
http://soundsandgear.com/ni-maschine-1- ... sneak-peak
Dwetmaster

Re: BPM 2.0 integrated with MACH FIVE 3?

Post by Dwetmaster »

I believe BPM AND M5 are made by UVI.
So considering that Ethno (Also made by UVI) was compatible with M5 mk2 I'm expecting that most of their sound librairies can bu used by M5 mk3 ( including BPM)

BTW, I didn't know BPM 2.0 was out?
MacPro 8Core 2.8GHZ 16GB RAM OSX10.8.3
MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 2011 OSX10.8.3
896mk3, BLA Modded 896HD, BLA Microclock, MTP-AV, Yamaha KX-8, CME VX-7 Mackie Ctrl, megadrum, Presonus C-S,
DP8.04, Bidule, M5 3, Ethno 2, BPM 1.5 Kontakt4, BFD2, SD2, Omnisphere, Wave Arts P-S5, Altiverb7, PSP VW & OldTimer, VB3, Ivory 2 Grand, True Pianos, Ozone 5, Reason 4, AmpliTube3, Bla bla bla...
A few El & Ac basses & Guitars, Hammond A-100.
elohimfetus

Post by elohimfetus »

Dwetmaster thanks for the reply.

From what I saw on Motu's site you can use MOTU Symphonic and Ethno Instruments file formats in Mach Five 3 (M5) and M5 comes with all of BPM's drums. But it did not specifically say that any of M5's sounds were accessible from these other instruments. That leads me into why I said BPM 2.0 instead of BPM 1.5, I made the assumption that we would need a newer version of BPM to Utilize additional features from M5.

I liken M5 to a Sample Keyboard Workstation (on steroids) and BPM to an MPC. If my analogy is in fact legitimate, I would able to sequence M5 sounds in BPM. It looks like NI has done this with Maschine 1.7 and Komplete. I thought is was a good idea for Motu and wondered if they were working on something like this. I understand that that is not a question just anyone can provide and answer for, but I figured it would not hurt to ask about, or to raise the point and generate interest, just in case MOTU's people were browsing this forum from time to time.
chrisma

Post by chrisma »

The would both awesome and smart for Motu. It would be so inspiring to sequence with BPM (standalone) and trigger M5 or its sample libraries. Maybe add an M5 Player output to BPM or (more realistically) the M5 sample playback engine itself to BPM. Thats one gripe I've always had with BPM. But being able to trigger some existing Kontact samples along with the UVI stuff would be a great mix. On the other hand if they simply add VSTi/VST support (I know its not literally simple) to BPM that would be awesome as well. Speaking of BPM 2.0 I would love to see 24bit wave and multitrack export for standalone mode, 3/4time signature support for the metronome and the ability extend note duration beyond the end of a pattern for songs that have anticipated chord progressions.

T.
World Class Major Label Quality Music Production - UrbanMultiTracks.com
http://www.urbanmultitracks.com/

Music Production, Mixing & Mastering - ChrismaProductions.com
http://www.chrismaproductions.com/
chrisma

Post by chrisma »

Not to high-jack your thread but you got me thinking about BPM 2.0. As far as workflow we need drag-drop/ right-click copying of scenes and patterns. A visual layout would speed up arranging drastically. What we have works well but any improvement to reduce mouse clicks with visual representation would even be more awesomenessismical (I like to creating music and words too...LOL!).
World Class Major Label Quality Music Production - UrbanMultiTracks.com
http://www.urbanmultitracks.com/

Music Production, Mixing & Mastering - ChrismaProductions.com
http://www.chrismaproductions.com/
elohimfetus

Post by elohimfetus »

OK So its a month later and now I have Mach Five 2 (not 3, yet). I like it so far, even though it's buggy and it freezes and dies on me too often. I noticed when I installed M5 2 that the sound banks are all .ufs. Same as the BPM and UVI sound banks. I tried to import the files and I was successful. I can use all of my M5 2 sounds in BPM. I am assuming M5 3 will work the same way, I'll look in to getting that next year. This is the interactivity I was looking for when I started the thread.

So Dwetmaster's first assumption about them being made by the same people, and other products working with it, was correct!

This was a great plan by MOTU...I am a happy user.
Cairns
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Cairns »

You can use some of M5 (3) sounds within Motu BPM.. I do that now.. Matter of fact.. I am posting a video about this on youtube since other people have ask that question...If there is something else you want me to try.. let me know
Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
rayNmanmusic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by rayNmanmusic »

letss go team!
:P