More patterns / kits?

Moderator: ssp

Fahrenheit 451
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

More patterns / kits?

Post by Fahrenheit 451 »

Are there anymore patterns and/or kits out there for BPM 1.5 other than the default kits / patterns which come with BPM 1.5? (Yeah, I know there are already a lot but more is usually better). Just curious... :?
5thletter

Re: More patterns / kits?

Post by 5thletter »

I thought the same thing as you? Looking around the internet NO ONE makes kits for specifically for BPM!!! I think it has to do with the UIF encryption that UVI uses and how most people don't want to pay to license it.

I have a number of kits I made myself that I would love to share.

Actually I think that kit/pattern sharing should be a part of the BPM section!! To help encourage creativity and show support!!

Edit:

I realize that I do not want to promote the spread of the cracked version of this wonderful software . So if I'm asked to share be ready to answer some questions about your purchase of BPM!! To SSP: I think here would be a good place for the validation scheme you were inquiring about!!!
ssp

Post by ssp »

sorry but there will be no hosting of non licensed audio files or libraries here in the bpm section i am afraid. even your own sounds are if taken from a sampled source still subject to the original artist and label copyright. Its a touchy subject that is best left alone.

If you want more library sounds for bpm then go to the uvi website and you can purchase additional sound libraries there.

http://www.uvisoundsource.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
Fahrenheit 451

Post by Fahrenheit 451 »

ssp wrote:If you want more library sounds for bpm then go to the uvi website and you can purchase additional sound libraries there.

http://www.uvisoundsource.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah... I have a bunch of the UVI libraries too... Just wish MOTU would offer some expansion w/ their Instruments (BPM, MX4, Mach5, etc).

I don't mind tweaking the synths, filters, osc, etc... But it would be nice to have some more presets when you're not in a "tweaking" sort of mood. Sometimes it's nice to just stumble on a preset which fits.

But I do understand the whole copyright issue...
grassrootking

Post by grassrootking »

What about kits based on the BPM library? No samples - just manipulating the current content to create new kit files that can be shared. It would only be the kit file with no additional samples since the samples are already in the BPM library. This shouldn't violate any copyrights and only people with BPM will be able to use the kits. I think it would be interesting to see how others approach the sound design process with BPM. Just a thought for consideration..
Fahrenheit 451

Post by Fahrenheit 451 »

Grassrootking...

I'm all for it... The more kits and patterns the more merrier I am... :D
Fahrenheit 451

Post by Fahrenheit 451 »

Is there any chance of a BPM upgrade like maybe a BPM 2.0? W/ More Kits from different music genres? BPM has plenty of great samples but I'd love to see more kits!

Anyone with some inside information of the status of BPM?