BPM doesn't find my UFS + libraries??

Moderator: ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM doesn't find my UFS + libraries??

Post by joker77 »

I've installed BPM,Ilok and the install went fine.. I then went to alias my sound libraries in the expected folders,but BPM 1.5 cannot find them.. When I point to them manually in BPM it reads them.. What do I need to do? ..Thanks in advance

I have them just like they are supposed to be,from Motu's directions here.

How do I use other MOTU sound libraries or UVI soundcards in BPM?

BPM looks for three kinds of sound libraries: its own factory content, other MOTU sound libraries, and UVI soundcards.

BPM looks for its own sound library in:
* Mac: /Library/Application Support/MOTU/BPM/

The BPM.ufs and BPM.ufs1 files must be placed in this folder (or aliased into this folder) for the sounds to be available in BPM.

BPM looks for sound libraries from other MOTU instruments, such as MOTU Symphonic Instrument, MOTU Ethno Instrument, and Electric Keys, in their standard location. For example, Ethno Instrument looks for its sounds here:
* Mac: /Library/Application Support/MOTU/Ethno/

BPM looks for any compatible MOTU or UVI sound library in this location:
* Mac: /Library/Application Support/UVISoundBanks/
Last edited by joker77 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
b-righteous

Re: BPM doesn't find my libraries??

Post by b-righteous »

Mac? You went to the dark side? lol.
I then went to alias my sound libraries in the expected folders,but BPM 1.5 cannot find them.. When I point to them manually in BPM it reads them.. What do I need to do? ..Thanks in advance
You do not alias the other libraries to BPM. If the UFS files are picked up by UVI workstation or other MOTU products then BPM will read them too. The alias is just if you have the real ufs files in a different directory than it wants to see them in.

Also,I just got Electric Keys and ran into an issue with the directory. On PC there was a difference in the folders between the original EK and the 1.03 update. There should be a "sound" folder in the Electric Keys folder. If you installed the update straight away, it does not create this folder. Create a folder called sounds and place the UFS files or aliases there and see if it works. So it would be * Mac: /Library/Application Support/MOTU/(Machfive,Ethno etc.)/Sounds. That was my issue on Electric Keys Windows. Not sure if this applies to Mac or how the UVIsoundBanks fit into this.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I can't even get BPM to read it's own libraries..UFS, it doesn't see them,unless I manually point them . I still have 7 too :wink:
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Any Mac users have a clue on what I need to do to get BPM to read it's files? Is there some sort of preferences or repair permission I need to do here?

Bpm doesn't pick them up..I installed 1.5 straight from the disk too..
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Just a hunch. Try creating the sound folder in the BPM folder and dragging the UFS files there. Also remember that Beat Box Anthology UFS needs to be in the UVI Soundbanks folder.

Where are all the MAC heads? :smash:
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I installed UVI Workstation,and it found my sounds without any issues. I also created the Sounds folder like you mentioned placed the BPM UFS files via alais in there,but BPM still can't find it.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I'm gonna reinstall trying with version 1.0 then updating to 1.5 in the meantime..I hope I don't take a class on Unix :lol:
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Didn't work,any mac support here fella's? Is there anything left to try?

Possible to delete pref's and try again? Where r the pref's for BPM located on Mac? :wink:
hugy

Post by hugy »

It looks like you re getting it right

BPM looks for its own sound library in:
* Mac: /Library/Application Support/MOTU/BPM/

BPM looks for any compatible MOTU or UVI sound library in this location:
* Mac: /Library/Application Support/UVISoundBanks/

Are you using aliases ?

BPM prefs are in ~/Library/Preferences/
the com.motu.bpm stuff

~ is your user home folder.
joker77

Re: BPM doesn't find my UFS + libraries??

Post by joker77 »

Hi Hugy,
Yes I'm using Alias for both ufs and ufs1, BPM now reads my other libraries such as plugsound etc.. but it doesn't pick up the ufs + ufs1 files for some reason.
I even renamed the alias's to be BPM.ufs instead of BPM.ufs alias as mentioned in the install guide that comes with 1.5

I tried deleting the prefs as well,in the location you mentioned/nothing seems to work.

When I install BPM and get the successful install message, when I look in Mac/Library/Application Support no MOTU folder is there, and I have to create one..
MOTU/BPM/ then I drag over my BPM.ufs + BPM.ufs alias files, try to launch,but it doesn't work..

Is it supposed to create it for me? Or am I?

Perhaps this will help narrow down the problem.

btw thank you for the response,any other suggestions?
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Ok I went ahead and installed the ufs + ufs1 again for my Motu BPM,and it does reads them,BPM starts up fine with libraries.. BUT I don't want these on my system hd. I'm going to try and now move these to another hd, I will report back.

So Far a No Go.. will try different Hd's :boohoo:
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Are the drives you are trying to alias to external/removable? I'm thinking this could be an issue if you plug/unplug the drive and the OS assigns it as a different disk order or directory.

Make sure you delete the dash and space from the end of file name of the alias.
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Hi,
No the drives are internal,plus formatted to Mac. I did the alias's correctly,as you mentioned,but it seems I'm stuck using these on my system hd which is a smaller raptor,n kinda sucks to have to use 15gigs for the app on it.

Hopefully there's another option for me.
hugy

Post by hugy »

joker77 wrote:Hi,
No the drives are internal,plus formatted to Mac. I did the alias's correctly,as you mentioned,but it seems I'm stuck using these on my system hd which is a smaller raptor,n kinda sucks to have to use 15gigs for the app on it.

Obviously you're doing something wrong with your alias.

You need to alias both file
AND
name them exactly after the original file (no alias thing in their name)
joker77

Post by joker77 »

hugy wrote:
joker77 wrote:Hi,

Obviously you're doing something wrong with your alias.

You need to alias both file
AND
name them exactly after the original file (no alias thing in their name)
Yes I am