BPM doesn't find my UFS + libraries??

Moderator: ssp

joker77
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: BPM doesn't find my UFS + libraries??

Post by joker77 »

hugy wrote:
joker77 wrote:Hi,
No the drives are internal,plus formatted to Mac. I did the alias's correctly,as you mentioned,but it seems I'm stuck using these on my system hd which is a smaller raptor,n kinda sucks to have to use 15gigs for the app on it.

Hopefully there's another option for me.
Obviously you're doing something wrong with your alias.

You need to alias both file
AND
name them exactly after the original file (no alias thing in their name)
Yes I have already done this.Still not working..
Mac:Mac Pro 8 Core|12GB Ram|Lion OSX 10.7.2
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
hugy

Post by hugy »

post a screen capture of your BPM directory
I'm sure it's something trivial
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I just tried it again.I'm positive I'm doing it right, my alias files just dont work,but when I have the reg files they do.I give up :deadhorse:
It works just fine on my Win7 cpu. the installer should be able to do that for me.. :lol: Guess I'm gonna just gonna use a bigger HD on my Mac.

Thanks for the help though Hugy and b-righteous
Hardware:RME Fireface|Alesis Q7|Lavry AD/DA|Grace 101|FocusritePre|Presonus Monitor Station|DynAudio Bm5a Mk2|Event
Software:Maschine|Emulator X3|Mach Five 3|Geist|UVI sound libraries|Pro Tools 10|Logic 9|Studio One Pro 2
joker77

Post by joker77 »

Back on Win7 cpu now.Much better :wink:
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

joker77 wrote:When I install BPM and get the successful install message, when I look in Mac/Library/Application Support no MOTU folder is there, and I have to create one..
MOTU/BPM/ then I drag over my BPM.ufs + BPM.ufs alias files, try to launch,but it doesn't work..

Is it supposed to create it for me? Or am I?
First post :)
Just bought BPM, installer says 'successful' but it doesn't create the MOTU/BPM folder for the soundbanks. OK I can create it myself, but its not a successful installation if it doesn't create the folder?? Raised a tech link with MOTU about this. Also my beatbox anthology dvd is corrupted, so basically I'm not having a good morning..

Anyway - joker77, i did actually manage to do what you are trying to do and it was no problem (apart from i had to create the folders which is crazy). have you double checked your folder titles (MOTU/BPM/) all caps no spaces etc, and your aliases are titled correctly too. They go in the main directory (Mac HD) not the individual user directory (might still work though?). Mine worked straight away, didn't have to point BPM at them. You could repair disk permissions (use disk utility).
joker77

Post by joker77 »

I finally figured mine out too.my problem was I wasn't deleting the empty character apparently.enough to make me wanna throw it in the garbage :banghead: working now though