Help to change the MIDI map of the pads to differ the banks

Moderator: ssp

xab_alonso
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help to change the MIDI map of the pads to differ the banks

Post by xab_alonso »

Before of nothing I have to say that I am Spanish and my english is not very fluid. I´ll try to explain the possible that i can.

I always programme patterns using two different banks A and B at the same time with different resolutions, A to normal velocity 16 and be to double resolution of 32 to get more powerfool patterns.

When I try to export A bank to logig´s piano roll, the Pad1 appears in the C1 key, the Pad2 to B0 etc .. but if I want to export simultaneously the bank B, the MIDI notes appears in the same key that in the bank A. And what i want is to differ both banks

What can i do to resolve this? Is it possible to change the MIDI map of every pad of every bank and export them in an only one pattern?

Please, someone who helps me. It is very important for me to start to work.

cheers !!
xab_alonso

Re: Help to change the MIDI map of the pads to differ the ba

Post by xab_alonso »

please, Anybody can help me ?? it´s very important ...
hugy

Post by hugy »

xab_alonso wrote:Before of nothing I have to say that I am Spanish and my english is not very fluid. I´ll try to explain the possible that i can.

I always programme patterns using two different banks A and B at the same time with different resolutions, A to normal velocity 16 and be to double resolution of 32 to get more powerfool patterns.

When I try to export A bank to logig´s piano roll, the Pad1 appears in the C1 key, the Pad2 to B0 etc .. but if I want to export simultaneously the bank B, the MIDI notes appears in the same key that in the bank A. And what i want is to differ both banks

What can i do to resolve this? Is it possible to change the MIDI map of every pad of every bank and export them in an only one pattern?

Please, someone who helps me. It is very important for me to start to work.

cheers !!
Right click on each pad to change the MIDI key.
You can save/load templates by right click in the zone between pads for quicker operation after the first setup.

Hope this helps.
xab_alonso

Post by xab_alonso »

Right click on each pad to change the MIDI key.
You can save/load templates by right click in the zone between pads for quicker operation after the first setup.

Hope this helps.
THANKS !!! i know that clicking on each pad it´s possible to change the MIDI key but ..

have i do this whenever i open the BPM or can i save a "general template of my own configuration" that would be atomatically loaded whenever i open BPM, to avoid to have to do this always ?? :(

cheers
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

Great tip! Thanks, I did not know you could do that.
have i do this whenever i open the BPM or can i save a "general template of my own configuration" that would be atomatically loaded whenever i open BPM, to avoid to have to do this always ?? :(
Reread what hugy said. Right click in that narrow space between the pads. You will get a menu to save the pad assignments of the whole bank as a template. You can then right click in that same space and reload the template to the current bank. This lets you load the assignments of all 16 pads at once. Do this for each bank and then save an empty project with the assignments. You can load this project to start or save a track template in your DAW.