BPM 1.5 crashes in clip window

Moderator: ssp

songa
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM 1.5 crashes in clip window

Post by songa »

hey guys, i just upgraded to bpm 1.5 but ive noticed that it consistently crashes everytime i open up the clip window and mess around with the settings in there. sometimes itll crash right when i hit "slice", sometimes when i switch between "transient" or "grid", etc. so its pretty annoying. is anyone else experiencing this? is there anything i can do to fix this or should i expect this to be addressed in a software update?

btw..i am using a completely fresh install of mac osx 10.6.4, and bpm 1.5 in standalone

Thanks!
jfeeley

Re: BPM 1.5 crashes in clip window

Post by jfeeley »

hey songa, i just installed 1.5 64 bit update and am seeing the same exact issue. i am getting crashes in stand alone and plug in (32 bit) version within ableton live (on hp laptop running vista). i seem to be able to work in the clip window a bit longer without a crash when using my onboard soundcard w/ asio4all driver, ie. cropping, normalizing, manually slicing. when using my presonus firebox and firebox asio driver crash is immediate when clicking on the clip window.
the slice sensitivity adjustment results in a crash every time under any circumstance. BPM 1.05 gave me no issues when slicing in the clip window. Bummer.
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

my tech link submitted to motu says:

"We are aware of this issue and we hope to address it in a future update of BPM."

but they don't appear to be exactly rushing out a fix for that one... :?

appears to be on osx and pc standalone and in plugin mode. basically just does not work.
OSX 10.6.4 / logic pro 9 / reason 5 / bias peak 6 / bpm 1.5 /
songa

Post by songa »

yep...i had a techlink up on motu's website and a guy named MIKE was helping me out. he acknowledged the problem and said he could reproduce it himself, so they definitely know about it over there at MOTU. just slow at getting it fixed ig uess. best of luck guys!
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

songa wrote:so they definitely know about it over there at MOTU. just slow at getting it fixed i guess.
yeah you can say that again. minor bugs and tweaks you expect to wait for updates but this a massive bug and needed a fix ages ago :(
spitboxer

Post by spitboxer »

Confirmed. I installed the update, now the clip window crashes in standalone, Logic 9, and Ableton Live 8. This is really bad. I bought this software for the slicing features. Please fix asap
spitboxer

Post by spitboxer »

"We are aware of this issue and we hope to address it in a future update of BPM."

That's the response that I got... even after I explained that this is a critical issue. After looking online for a solution, I discover that this issue was uncovered as soon as the PAID update was released. So, for over 4 months MOTU decides that it's not important enough to release a patch that will fix this issue. Unacceptable.

Some of us are producers who do this music thing for a living. I can understand when minor bugs don't get addressed by anything more than a work-around, but when there is no patch AND no workaround for a problem that is clearly a show-stopping bug for a feature that is one of the main selling points of the product, that is just a slap in the face of your customers.

After I submit this post, I will be purchasing Native-Instruments Maschine and I will leave BPM on the shelf so I can tell this story every time a client comes into my studio.

You guys obviously don't care, so I will end my rant and never buy another MOTU product again.

goodbye forever
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

That's the response that I got... even after I explained that this is a critical issue. After looking online for a solution, I discover that this issue was uncovered as soon as the PAID update was released. So, for over 4 months MOTU decides that it's not important enough to release a patch that will fix this issue. Unacceptable.

Some of us are producers who do this music thing for a living. I can understand when minor bugs don't get addressed by anything more than a work-around, but when there is no patch AND no workaround for a problem that is clearly a show-stopping bug for a feature that is one of the main selling points of the product, that is just a slap in the face of your customers.
+1

:banghead: :deadhorse:
M-Goldie

Post by M-Goldie »

spitboxer wrote:Some of us are producers who do this music thing for a living. I can understand when minor bugs don't get addressed by anything more than a work-around, but when there is no patch AND no workaround for a problem that is clearly a show-stopping bug for a feature that is one of the main selling points of the product, that is just a slap in the face of your customers.
+1 here too
ssp

Post by ssp »

with all due respect guys, nothing happens overnight. I for one am sick and tired of having to repeat myself everytime the same things get brought up in here.

if any of you had any idea about the amount of lines of code that have to be changed, not only once but several times while testing a new update you wouldnt be as quick to dismiss the response that was given regarding a future update fix.

Also as stated before, other products are being designed, tested and released in between any software update for any product, this is why there is a mapped schedule for working on a product. This is a standard way for any company to work, albeit a small company or multinational. Items are prioritised and revisions and additions are scheduled over a period of time.

I for one have several things on the go at any one time, but if i can get one thing done quicker prior to finishing another then that takes priority. Updates are planned and due, and as always as i have stated i will update you when i hear anything and if motu or uvi give me something to give you in the way of information.

I have concistantly posted that I will try to keep you guys in the loop, now if you feel that you cant use the software because of one issue then to be honest more fool you becuase the software in itself is excellent. I am also a pro music producer and even though it lacks in places i still use it, im professional enough to be able to work around its shortcomings, and if you think maschine is perfect, let me tell you its far from perfect but once again i work around its shortcomings.

If you have a client that comes in and all you can do is moan about a product and leave it on the shelf then that shows a lack of professionalism. Its like having a channel down on a neve console and saying " i cant use it one channel doesnt work even though i have got 32 other channels to use that one thing makes it so it is now unuseable" give me strength...

topic closed..

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!