[BUG] Problems with drum synthesis amp envelopes

Moderator: ssp

umfufu
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

[BUG] Problems with drum synthesis amp envelopes

Post by umfufu »

I'm having three issues with the synthesis amplitude envelopes.

One is getting a click at the end of the sound no matter what settings I have the synthesis envelope and the pad envelopes set to.

Another is that I get a really nasty click when adjusting the oscillator attack from 0ms to just above it. I get nasty digital noise, then the sound drops out, then comes back at around 3ms.

I also find it hard to adjust the attack settings to avoid the digital click but still have a nice hard attack.

THANKS for any insight.

ben
Snow Leopard - MacPro, BPM 1.5 as VST in Nuendo 5.1
ssp

Re: [BUG] Problems with drum synthesis amp envelopes

Post by ssp »

Ben what is your audio latency set to? also are you using audio hardware and is the hardware using the latest revision drivers?

If you are using Asio is that set to the latest version?

You will need to be a little more detailed in what you are using hardware wise with the software and if you are using other cpu hogging plug-ins at the same time. Also check the sample you are currently using to see if it has any artefacts in it if you play it cold with no effects etc.

Before you start using the plug-in show your CPU useage window where you can see it, then do whatever you have been doing and see what it gets to or if it red lines.

Let us know.

mac pro 8-core, mac mirror door dp, graphite g4 400.
Motu 2408/24io interfaces, PT HD, Event opals, Focal twin 6.
Too many synths to mention!
umfufu

Re: [BUG] Problems with drum synthesis amp envelopes

Post by umfufu »

Thanks for your help ssp.

I don't really see how this could be an audio hardware issue, but I'm using Apogee Symphony (with all firmware and software updated to the latest) set to a 1024 buffer. My computer is definitely not choking out on CPU - it happens with no other plug-ins loaded and does not affect any other sound happening at the time.

"Also check the sample you are currently using to see if it has any artefacts in it if you play it cold with no effects etc."

This is happening with synthesis, not samples (with all oscillator presets).

Thanks!

Ben
Snow Leopard - MacPro, BPM 1.5 as VST in Nuendo 5.1