BPM with Akai MPD32

Moderator: ssp

jsheitert
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM with Akai MPD32

Post by jsheitert »

I've read about the Akai coming with presets for BPM....mine came with presets for just about everything else(cubase, reason, stuff I've never heard of, etc.). My firmware appears to be version 1.03. Do I need to update firmware?

Also... I can only get the Akai pads to control scene #'s rather than the individual samples in BPM. How do I get the pads to control individual samples with the corresponding pads in BPM rather than scene #'s....I assume there's a way to toggle.

Sincere thanks..,
jsheitert

Re: BPM with Akai MPD32

Post by jsheitert »

Issues resolved.
songa

Post by songa »

have u figured out hwo to use the "pad bank" buttons A-D to work with BPM's pad banks? im not even sure u can, i think those buttons on the MPD dont send out MIDI data...if thast true, then what are they for? what use do they have and in what situation?
b-righteous

Post by b-righteous »

The pad banks switch assignments to the buttons and pads. You can have the same knob, button or pad assigned to a different cc# in different banks. The banks do not send data themselves. They are for switching the functions of the MPD's controls on the fly. Think of each bank as a layer or setup.

There are two video's at the Motu site on how to go about setting up the MPD 32. Watch both. http://www.motu.com/products/software/B ... llers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
songa

Post by songa »

oh wow didnt even notice that page on the new bpm website, thanks for that

and i get it now, thanks for that explanation. makes a lot more sense now! so instead of using the pad bank buttons to switch banks in BPM, i can assign an actual PAD to do it, say in pad bank D on the mpd! excellent