Recording in the Clip window result is flanged!

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

IKKAKUJUU
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Recording in the Clip window result is flanged!

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Hello,,,
Recording into BPM clip window via BPM Sampler as insert plug in DP,,,.Trying to lift a break,,,,once it is recorded,,the result sounds slightly flanged and metallic robotic .Cool but unintended....!
Any idea what this is?

Also when i tried to record the whole track in to the Clip window,, DP and BPM did not like it and stalled & crashed.
Problematic because across the 5 minute rare groove track there were samples at the start,,,,near the end,,,,all over ,,that i would like to have recorded as a whole,then gone in & selected and copy pasted to pads or sample editor afterwards.Instead of recording in bits and bobs to the clip window,,,which is what i am going to have to do if it keeps crashing.

Thanks for your advice!....
stubbsonic

Re: Recording in the Clip window result is flanged!

Post by stubbsonic »

About the flanging, it sounds like you either have duplicate audio going into the recording, or you are listening back in a way that is giving you the audio via two streams (and one may have some latency on it, somehow).

I'm afraid I don't know the ins & outs of BPM, but I'd make sure you have all your audio routings set properly, turn off any additional monitoring and see if you can find the 2nd (and 3rd?) source of the audio.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
IKKAKUJUU

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Well,,thanks,,thsts what i believed it to be,,but couldn't see where,,whats more i've just gone in to that task again,,and flanging dissapeared,,i don't know what i did to make it dissapear,just have BPM out and a Master channel out & no flanging.

Thanks again...
IKKAKUJUU

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Actually ,,going into this again i can still hear some flanging,,,i have BPM on analog 1+2,,and a master fader analog 1+2,,,i imagine it because of some interplay between the two,,but why should the BPM output play as if a mirror slightly out of sync and cause the flange,,,,well,,i am sure something basic in how things are set up is missing in my understanding of things...!..And why do i hear nothing when i turn down the master fader,(that sounds obvious!) but i only recently added a master fader to my project tests,,and before when i had none i still heard everything output to Analog 1+2.
Is that part of the deal with master fader,,that once you select it,,everything passes through it,,if you don't add one then all channels passes through the selected ouput using that as master output.
I'll just keep going at it until all the routings and routines become clear! ,,i'm pretty slow at this i find compared to others,,!,so apologies if what is problematic to me is very obvious to you!...it took me ages to just understand MIDI select,,!! now i do though and it is clear...before that it was like Dyslexia or something.