BPM as MAS in DP8? Any idea?....

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

IKKAKUJUU
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

BPM as MAS in DP8? Any idea?....

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Hello i have been searching an answer to this for weeks now with no reply,,except once from MOTU telling me the 16 channels only was due to the limitations of the plug In....but that answer seems only true in the case of VST and AU according to the user guide

,"do you have an idea as to my post question on BPM as a 64 channel MAS plug in (as opposed to 16 channel AU as i cant get a reply on this,,and yet the facts seems to contradict what i read in the user guide.Its been weeks i have been trying to find the correct answer."

Clearly it says in the user guide P40 "each instance of BPM publish 64 channels.these MIDI Channels appear in the output assignment menu of DP's MIDI track" P73 says the multiple banks feature is for standalone,MAS or RTAS version,,,but in DP my BPM appears as AU,,so half an explanation there,,,it is installed in my Macs audio library as MAS,,,,but seemingly not installed as such.ie not visible within DP8...

Hope you can help,,as this would make life a bit easier to use it with just one instance for 64 tracks instead of 4 x 16,,,,,
IKKAKUJUU
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BPM as MAS in DP8? Any idea?....

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Here is the answer,,,,thanks to Robin at MOTU,

Simply this,,,that BPM is 32 bit as MAS and DP8 is open by default as 64bit,,therefore i only have BPM as AU and therefore 16 channels.