MPD32 stopped functioning.

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

IKKAKUJUU
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MPD32 stopped functioning.

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Hello,,,
I am new to BPM & the Akai,and to Motunation (hello& thanks!),,but am almost finished with the user manual,,and got the Akai remotely functioning,,,i was recording in DP,,,all was going well,,i was playing a line from my keyboard to a synth part and playing with cut off and res,,and suddenly it all went dead,,and i cant get the Akai to function now,,even shutting down the DP project and opening a standalone BPM,the Akai no longer is connecting or triggering anything nor play ,stop,,nothing.!!!
Any ideas,,,?...
Thanks in advance,,,,and a Happy New Year also..!
IKKAKUJUU

Re: MPD32 stopped functioning.

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Well,im not sure where i am misunderstandng routing!,,
I have an audio track recording BPM main out Bank A thru a bus1-2 to an audio track,under that i set up a MIDI track 1 and it had the Akai as MIDI input to BPM1. I did this to establish communication and in record mode it works.
Then to record a synth in the Rack i have another Audio track input BPM 3,4 and its MIDI track has my Keyboard playing the rack part and BPM5 as usual rack MIDI ch. What i don't get is now if i want to play the rack synth with my keyboard and play with the controls of the Akai,,i have to put MIDI track 1 into record mode,,which i suppose makes sense as it has the Akai designated as its MIDI input...i do this and can see the controller writing directly....
But what i am confused about is,,if then record Rack A part2 MIDI 6,,and also want to control it with the Akai,,what does that mean for the Akai MIDI data for each separate part i am playing,,?won't they all be written to the same Midi1 channel,,and so how will i be able to re-edit afterwards? How will i know what data corresponds to what Rack part?.....

Apologies for the confusion but am new to MIDI,,and it is still spaghetti to me...!!
Thanks for any clarification...!
IKKAKUJUU

Re: MPD32 stopped functioning.

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Well,,that was no big surpise ,,funny and monstrous effects as the first set of MIDI data affect the second line i tried playing,,,some of it was cool though!
Couldnt suss out the aux send effects,,,time for bed,,and crack at it again tomorrow..!!Frankenhouse..!.... :rofl: