BPM versus Maschine (Native Instruments)

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

Dee1
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

BPM versus Maschine (Native Instruments)

Post by Dee1 »

Any thoughts...I'm really looking for ease of use, I'm not a DJ or clubber, just looking for decent beats, electronic and acoustic and some industrial loops. I really need a physical outboard device since I might being playing live without a laptop.
Thanks,
D
BKK-OZ
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: BPM versus Maschine (Native Instruments)

Post by BKK-OZ »

I've got both, but I never use BPM anymore.

There are a couple of things it can do that I like (right-click for a range of patterns, for example) but on the whole, Maschine is a much better platform. Maschine has BPM beat in almost everything - libraries, overall feature set, ease of use, even stability.
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
Dee1

Post by Dee1 »

Thanks...that totally helps...
D
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Wrong forum. Moving.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
BKK-OZ

Post by BKK-OZ »

Dee1 wrote:Thanks...that totally helps...
D
If you have a specific question, I'm happy to try to answer it for you. I don't really have time to write a full comparative review of both products in response to a forum posting, but if you are after something specific, just ask and I will try to answer for you.

Hope that helps.
:wink:
Cheers,
BK

…string theory says that all subatomic particles of the universe are nothing but musical notes. A, B-flat, C-sharp, correspond to electrons, neutrinos, quarks, and what have you. Therefore, physics is nothing but the laws of harmony of these strings. Chemistry is nothing but the melodies we can play on these strings. The universe is a symphony of strings and the mind of God… it is cosmic music resonating through 11 dimensional hyperspace.
- M Kaku
hugy

Post by hugy »

Dee1 wrote:I really need a physical outboard device since I might being playing live without a laptop.
Thanks,
D
If you don't use a laptop I don't see how you're going to use any of those.
Maschine is not a standAlone unit.