Pattern change via MIDI CC

Discussion of all things related to MOTU's BPM virtual instrument.

Moderators: James Steele, ssp

mokaz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Pattern change via MIDI CC

Post by mokaz »

Hi there,

Is there any possible way of changing any patterns invoking a MIDI cc or else?
Indeed, i would like to make my patterns and simply change which one is playing from a MIDI program change from my DAW avoiding complex MIDI patterns in the daw and so on, leaving all the complexity in BPM and simply changing patterns while making my arrangements.

I'm using BPM 1.5.3 with Ableton Live 9.1.x

Thanks,
regards,
m.

PS: ahh as well i've failed to find the BPM user manual documentation anywhere...
dubiousmaximus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Pattern change via MIDI CC

Post by dubiousmaximus »

Hi folks,

a year later almost to the day and I'm asking the same question. I use DP as a host so I've tried sending patch & song change values to the target BPM rack but no result. Versions are DP 8.07 with BPM 1.5.3.

MIDI messages are received so the problem is as the OP stated - there are no hints about which (if any) messages will switch the rack sequence.

Any info welcome.. though I'm guessing by the tumbleweed around here, BPM has quietly tanked ;)

M.
2.8GHz Quad-Core MacPro | 8 GB | OS 10.12.6 | DP 8.07 | Ableton 9.7 | MOTU 828Mk3 | UAD-2 Duo | MCU | Electribe EMX-1 | x0xb0x | Remote25 SL MkII | NI Komplete 9 | Ozone 5 | MIDIExpress | Heritage H-516 | Fender Std. Tele | Peavey Classic 30