New version can't find sounds

Moderator: James Steele

elcabong
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

New version can't find sounds

Post by elcabong »

I have the WinXP version that I've been using for a long time. I saw that there was a new update available. I uninstalled the old version then installed the new. It cannot find any sounds. I then tried uninstalling everything and just installing the new. It does not create the Plug-ins/Sounds directory. I created it, and loaded the sounds but still no luck. I tried placing the shortcut to my sounds there, then just loading then entire sounds files to the Sounds folder, but still no luck. I can't get the new version to see my sounds no matter what. The application comes up and runs, but there's no place inside the app to specify where the sounds (libraries) are. I reinstalled the original, and it's now working again.

I hope someone has a solution.
hugy

Re: New version can't find sounds

Post by hugy »

UFS files should be placed in

C:\Program Files\MOTU\ElectricKeys\Sounds

Hope this helps.
elcabong

Post by elcabong »

Thanks for responding, but unfortunately that doesn't help me. I originally had my short cuts there and they worked fine, but now they don't with the new version. As I mentioned, I also tried placing the full libraries there still to no avail.

Am I the only one who has this problem? Since the original version works, I don't know what it could be.

I tried uninstalling the old and deleting the entire directory and then installing just the new version. But then I found that the new version installer doesn't even create a /Plugin-ins/Sounds directory. I added that directory and my sounds but that still didn't help. :(
elcabong

Post by elcabong »

Oh wait, I just noticed you didn't include Plug-ins in your path to Sounds. The default with the old install is ...\Motu\Plug-ins\Sounds. So I haven't actually tried what you suggested, I'll give it a try and let you know.
elcabong

Post by elcabong »

Hugy, thanks a lot! That fixed the problem!