Anyone using this with WinXP? (Please help!!!)

Moderator: James Steele

elcabong
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Anyone using this with WinXP? (Please help!!!)

Post by elcabong »

I have been having a lot of difficulty getting this to work and I was wondering if anyone else is using it under WinXP. I am trying to just get it working stand alone for the moment. I read the tech note and I got it to come up and recognize the libraries using the shortcuts (aliases). However, it runs extremely slow and stammers and sputters such that it is not usable. I can get a few notes to play then it either quits or locks up with a Visual C++ error. And this is just using the virtual keyboard, I haven't even got to MIDI yet. My system is pretty robust:

P4 Dual 3.7GHz
2G RAM high speed RAM
NV9800 GX2 video
7200 RPM high perf drive
TC Connect 8 firewire

And I've run other high end VI sampled products such as East West Quatum Leap pianos and the Garritan Steinway with no problems. I thought maybe the aliases were the problem so I copied one of the libraries directly over to the C drive, but that didn't help.

Also, I thought that maybe I had installed it wrong so I uninstalled it. I don't know what happened, but during the uninstall my Master Boot Record was clobbered. I can't say for 100% sure that there was no virus on my system, but it seems odd that if there was, it would only show up while uninstalling this specific product. At the moment my system is hosed, and I'm still trying to recover it. It boots but IE won't run and no install will run, it says that the install service doesn't work even though I see that it's active and enabled.
elcabong
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by elcabong »

Ok, I finally fixed the problem. I appologize to the folks at MOTU, as it turns out I did have a virus.

Apparently, this affected my install and uninstall. I had never seen this before but we all learn something new every day.