Electric Keys - one big CPU hog!!!

Moderator: James Steele

poshook
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Electric Keys - one big CPU hog!!!

Post by poshook »

Try playing EKeys (any preset) and check your CPU load in Task Manager (not in DAW). you will be surprised... :evil:
huge difference against MSI or Ethno.

I think EKeys definitely need a quick update
poshook

Post by poshook »

CPU Load is very strange with EK.
some presets use low CPU (similar to Ethno or MSI) but some need much more....

f.e. Hammonds, rhodes and a lot of others use about 30% of my 4-core intel but some different presets 1-5%

update is needed
WayneM

Re: Electric Keys - one big CPU hog!!!

Post by WayneM »

I totally agree. Granted I'm running a PC with a 3.4GHZ cpu with 800 MHZ FSB and 400 DDR ram. I can use it stand alone but looking in task manager it uses more than 60% and peaks to 80% every so often. Within Cubase SX3 it is very glitchy and slow when it is the only instrument loaded.

I also have Machfive 2 which is also pretty demanding, works stand alone but is slow and glitchy when hosted. This is unexceptable as I now have to expensive plugins that I can't use till I upgrade.

Since my Native Instruments Komplete 5 plugin suite all work fine with exceptable CPU usage, I believe it's got something to do with crappy programming. A bit more refinement needed
ghostboy333

Re: Electric Keys - one big CPU hog!!!

Post by ghostboy333 »

hi, my name is angie. i have recently purchased Motu's Electric Keys synth pack, and i was wondering if you could help me,
when i try to load the instalation disc onto my computer it always comes up with the same error message that sais :"Requires Vista or Windows XP to install"
now on the box it clearly states: compatible with Windows XP PRO 64 bit. my computer runs windows XP PRO 64 bit and i have gone from using the Program Compatability Wizard to
loading the ILOCK folder's 64 bit driver settings and still, NOTHING. i am soo disapointed becuase this was my christmass gift and i cant even use it.
if there is anything you could do to help i would be so greatfull.
-THANK YOU -angie