GUI is only displaying the left side!!! HELP!!

Moderator: James Steele

drdrawbar
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

GUI is only displaying the left side!!! HELP!!

Post by drdrawbar »

I just bought this software and after hours of figuring out that i had to copy the samples to program files/motu/vst/sounds.....i have the sounds working, but only the left 3/4 of the GUI is displayed. Im running this on a PC with 4 gig of ram and 2.4 Ghz dual core.
CWoodONe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: GUI is only displaying the left side!!! HELP!!

Post by CWoodONe »

drdrawbar wrote:I just bought this software and after hours of figuring out that i had to copy the samples to program files/motu/vst/sounds.....i have the sounds working, but only the left 3/4 of the GUI is displayed. Im running this on a PC with 4 gig of ram and 2.4 Ghz dual core.
What host are you using?
DP 5.1, Ableton Live 6 Beta, Cubase, Absynth 3, BFD, Ivory, Cameleon, Tassman, Dimension Pro, Rapture, Kontakt 2, Minimoog V, Reason 3, Reaktor 5, Mac Pro, Trigger Finger, Axiom 25, Axiom 49
drdrawbar

What host

Post by drdrawbar »

Cubase primarily, but it does it as a standalone as well.
CWoodONe

Re: What host

Post by CWoodONe »

drdrawbar wrote:Cubase primarily, but it does it as a standalone as well.
I have Cubase 4 on my PC, I'll see if it does the same thing for me...
DP 5.1, Ableton Live 6 Beta, Cubase, Absynth 3, BFD, Ivory, Cameleon, Tassman, Dimension Pro, Rapture, Kontakt 2, Minimoog V, Reason 3, Reaktor 5, Mac Pro, Trigger Finger, Axiom 25, Axiom 49
drdrawbar

Thank You

Post by drdrawbar »

I cant tell you how much i apreciate it. I have a tech note in to motu, but who knows how long that will take to get an answer.
CWoodONe

Re: Thank You

Post by CWoodONe »

drdrawbar wrote:I cant tell you how much i apreciate it. I have a tech note in to motu, but who knows how long that will take to get an answer.
Yeah, the installation routine for the Mac was dead wrong, and my tech support form is still "unread"...

Trying right now.
CWoodONe

Re: Thank You

Post by CWoodONe »

drdrawbar wrote:I cant tell you how much i apreciate it. I have a tech note in to motu, but who knows how long that will take to get an answer.

I can get the standalone to come up in Vista and work ok, but Cubase doesn't recognize the plugin at all on the PC. On the Mac, it's ok...

-- what version of Cubase are you on? Which OS?

one thing you might try in preferences is to turn off the autohide of the VST
plugins in the VST window, and maybe also turn off the setting to turn off
the plugin when there is no audio (even though I think EKeys is VST 2.x)
-- still playing around here...
1nput0utput

Post by 1nput0utput »

drdrawbar wrote:I just bought this software and after hours of figuring out that i had to copy the samples to program files/motu/vst/sounds.....i have the sounds working, but only the left 3/4 of the GUI is displayed. Im running this on a PC with 4 gig of ram and 2.4 Ghz dual core.
This may be caused by incompatible graphics hardware. What kind of graphics card is installed in your machine? I think MOTU's recent VIs (MSI, Ethno, MachFive 2, and EK) require certain OpenGL support from the graphics hardware that some older cards can't provide.
CWoodONe

Post by CWoodONe »

1nput0utput wrote:
This may be caused by incompatible graphics hardware. What kind of graphics card is installed in your machine? I think MOTU's recent VIs (MSI, Ethno, MachFive 2, and EK) require certain OpenGL support from the graphics hardware that some older cards can't provide.
That's an interesting thought.. what happens when you click the
"effects" button? Does another window pop up?
drdrawbar

Cubase/EK

Post by drdrawbar »

When i open the FX window, it pops up. but also only displays half of the GUI. I have recently found that minimizing the standalone and then maximizing it it displays correctly. Im using XP pro.
CWoodONe

Re: Cubase/EK

Post by CWoodONe »

drdrawbar wrote:When i open the FX window, it pops up. but also only displays half of the GUI. I have recently found that minimizing the standalone and then maximizing it it displays correctly. Im using XP pro.
That definitely sounds like a coding bug.... I don't have XP so I can't test your exact situation... have you heard from other folks?