key splits

Moderator: James Steele

taylor12k
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

key splits

Post by taylor12k »

just got EK today and am really liking it. able to create some fairly low-fi sounds with it, which is what i was after.

however, i'm not having luck with getting a sound to go across the entire keyboard.. they're either loading on the top few octaves, or the bottom 2. i've tried:

- loading the same sound in both loading slots. all this does is layer the sound, but still leaves the other key range empty.

- clicked the "key range" parameter in the Expert Settings and set it to a full range. this doesn't change anything.

- loaded "empty" sounds in both slots to clear it, then tried again. this makes no difference.

any help would be appreciated, thanks! probably something dumb i'm missing.. but, i've only had it for about 2 hours and couldn't find anything in the manual.

thanks
carrythebanner
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: key splits

Post by carrythebanner »

Electric Key's "Key Range" parameter can only restrict the key range of the loading preset — it can't increase the preset's key range. I think that the majority of the sounds in EK are mapped to more or less the full keyboard, but some of them do have limited key ranges (e.g. the Keyboard Bass presets).
"I don't see any method at all, sir."
taylor12k
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: key splits

Post by taylor12k »

ok, thanks.. maybe all the ones i've loaded just happen to be restricted to the upper or lower... i'll make sure i make mental notes of which is where....
carrythebanner wrote:Electric Key's "Key Range" parameter can only restrict the key range of the loading preset — it can't increase the preset's key range. I think that the majority of the sounds in EK are mapped to more or less the full keyboard, but some of them do have limited key ranges (e.g. the Keyboard Bass presets).