Electric Keys ... what, no Sustain Pedal?

Moderator: James Steele

garrisan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Electric Keys ... what, no Sustain Pedal?

Post by garrisan »

EK doesn't seem to recognize the 'hold' pedal. Is it me .... or do we have a bug? It's not a problem for the Mellotron stuff ..... although a response from the pitch bend would make sense for that sample.
The sounds are pretty impressive, but the implementation seems weak. I'd love to hear "all you need to do is..." so let me know. Please?
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Electric Keys ... what, no Sustain Pedal?

Post by James Steele »

garrisan wrote:EK doesn't seem to recognize the 'hold' pedal. Is it me .... or do we have a bug? It's not a problem for the Mellotron stuff ..... although a response from the pitch bend would make sense for that sample.
The sounds are pretty impressive, but the implementation seems weak. I'd love to hear "all you need to do is..." so let me know. Please?
Ummm... strange. I will try to check, but honestly I would be shocked if this was a bug in the software and not some configuration issue.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
c0pasetik
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by c0pasetik »

wooooooow - are you kidding me - WOOOOOOOW. No frikin sustain on an EP library!!
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

c0pasetik wrote:wooooooow - are you kidding me - WOOOOOOOW. No frikin sustain on an EP library!!

(...)

breathing.... pausing.... reflecting....

(...)

Relax, my friend. :D Sustain pedal in EK works just fine. Our OP has simply some other issue - could be a MIDI filter in DP. Could be the pedal is not plugged in or broken. Could be a filter in the control keyboard. Could be his copy of EK has become corrupted. Could be some other setting somewhere...