Pan mod and velocity/dynamic range

Moderator: James Steele

elcabong
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Pan mod and velocity/dynamic range

Post by elcabong »

First I would like to ask, under the "expert settings" does anyone know what the Pan Mod is supposed to really do? (this is when used with the Rhodes pianos) I can't imagine that you need all those settings such as envelope just to vary the panning. Does the Tremelo need to be set to pan for this to do anything? I think it doesn't, but I'm not sure.

I've noticed something else that may be a bug in the s/w. When I load a "Full piano sample" of one of the rhodes, I notice that it appears to only have 2 or 3 volume levels (based on velocity). The instrument doesn't play that great with this limitation, which is why I think a lot of people have been giving it a negative review.

However, when I enable the Pan mod with the "Velocity" setting and then turn up the velocity switch in the Pan mod, suddenly the unit now responds properly to velocity. It's as though the dynamic range suddenly expanded by a large degree. If I now turn off the pan mod, the s/w continues to operate correctly and the dynamic range is what I would expect.

Now if I load another "full sample," I'm back to where I started again with the limited volume response to velocity and trashy dynamic range.

Has anyone else noticed this? I think this is a bug and if so, most users aren't getting the full dynamic range of the instrument if they've never monkeyed with the Pan Mod. Well, at least for the epianos anyway since that's the only thing I've played with so far.