DVDs wont mount or usfs wont copy

Moderator: James Steele

theprez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DVDs wont mount or usfs wont copy

Post by theprez »

I got EKs a few days ago, and had a lot of trouble with the install. Content Disc#1 refused to mount. Discs 2-5 all mounted, by several of the usfs would fail to copy.
MOTU was quick to act and sent me replacements immediately, but...
The 2nd set of content DVDs show nearly the same results.
The new DVD#1 will not mount either, and the Clavs usf on the replacement Disc#3 will not copy.
Has anyone else seen anything like this? :?:
Dave Hayward
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DVDs wont mount or usfs wont copy

Post by Dave Hayward »

To theprez,

Yes, just got EKs and DISC#1 and 2 would not copy. A call to the suppliers here in UK resulted in two replacement discs immediately. These seemed better but I had to make several attempts before I eventually copied all usfs to hard disc.
I would guess that dual layer DVDs are prone to dirt and scratches etc. and therefore are a bit 'marginal' when read by some drives?

Anyway, presumably you've got over your problems by now; just thought you would appreciate knowing you're not alone.
I also went through the problem of EKs not finding the sounds when following the instructions in the manual; but I found out how to do it from the MOTU Tech notes and elsewhere.

Good luck
Dave H
theprez

Post by theprez »

Yeah I got it working too. Thanks for the input. Like you I got replacement disks (immediately from MOTU. not bad :D ), but some still wouldn't mount. Eventually I figured out that the drive in my MBP just didn't like some of the disks. They all loaded and mounted just fine on my wife's Powerbook, so I connected it to the MBP and proceded from there.
Thanks again,
Steve
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Im happened to me the same thing and I was able to copy the recalcitant DVD since the G5 & can then move on MACPro.
As if his DVD player loaded too quickly, it seems to me _

So DVDs are still good!
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
ghostboy333

Post by ghostboy333 »

please help me copy these ufs files!!!! im going crazy this is insane! :shock:
Xzault

Post by Xzault »

same problem here defective discs, hope they send me new disc quick
Copland

Post by Copland »

Just got Electric Keys. Put the Installation disc in and was told, "this is a blank CD." I opened it in the Finder and it is indeed blank. Very frustrating!
carrythebanner

Post by carrythebanner »

Copland wrote:Just got Electric Keys. Put the Installation disc in and was told, "this is a blank CD." I opened it in the Finder and it is indeed blank. Very frustrating!
If the soundbank DVDs mount OK, and you only need the software installer, you can grab the installer from the MOTU downloads:

http://www.motu.com/download/download_m ... duct_id=19" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I don't see any method at all, sir."