velocity layers

Moderator: James Steele

odarellmc
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

velocity layers

Post by odarellmc »

anyone know how many sample layers this thing has? i think the scarbees are about 40 velocity layers.
Macbook Pro 15" SR 2.4ghz 2g ram , FirmTek SeriTek/2SM2-E dual-bay hot swap sata drive enclosure, JBL 4206 & Mackie HR824, MOTU 2408 mkII, Mackie Onyx 400f, Rode NTK, MOTU MTPAV, OS 10.4.10, DP 5.13, Reason 4.0, Rob Papen Predator & Albino 3, Ozone 3,BFD v1.5, Roland xp-80, EMU e6400 ultra, Alesis ControlPad, Akai MPK49
CWoodONe
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: velocity layers

Post by CWoodONe »

odarellmc wrote:anyone know how many sample layers this thing has? i think the scarbees are about 40 velocity layers.
The Scarbee's are very detailed - fantastic samples. I'm finding the combination of Scarbee's samples + Kontakt is very flexible and it sounds just great. Plus you can script and apply some nice effects and cabinets from within Kontakt. I think the Scarbee's are better for Rhodes, Wurlitzer
and Hohner by a pretty wide margin.

There are quite a few instruments in EK that Scarbee hasn't sampled (yet :) )
- EK's are sampled well, and very literally, maybe to a fault. But the fancy shells to the sample groups in EK doesn't give them any more functionality, and some more would have been great. For example the coolest things about the Yamaha CP30 were the ability to adjust the sustain, and to set the two sets of stereo voices it had slightly off pitch for depth, particularly when chorused. -- It would have been much cooler if MOTU had had longer sustains as an alternate set of samples - wondering if that could be adjusted if one had the full Mach Five? Adjusting ADSR just doesn't do it....

It'd be interesting to hear other reviews of EK...
DP 5.1, Ableton Live 6 Beta, Cubase, Absynth 3, BFD, Ivory, Cameleon, Tassman, Dimension Pro, Rapture, Kontakt 2, Minimoog V, Reason 3, Reaktor 5, Mac Pro, Trigger Finger, Axiom 25, Axiom 49
parkerlindsey
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: velocity layers

Post by parkerlindsey »

Hi,
According to me there are 32 velocity layers.Right now i do not have any types of lists of the layers.Whenever i got it i will send to you.
Thanks for sharing this information.