How to setup multi-timbral Ethno instrument in Logic?

Moderator: James Steele

swiftster
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to setup multi-timbral Ethno instrument in Logic?

Post by swiftster »

Hi Everyone,

I've made a multi-timbral instrument in Logic 9, but I can't figure out how to get the different MOTU Ethno banks to go to different outputs.

In Logic, I've expanded my channel strip to see the different Auxes inside the multi-timbral instrument. I can select different tracks in my Arrange view, and they target the different instrument banks in MOTU Ethno, but the audio always comes back on the main instrument channel (1-2 I presume), not Ethno 3-4, or any of the other multi-instrument aux returns.

When I did this setup in Kontakt, I had to route the banks to different output channels in Kontak's output pane, but I don't see anything similar in the Ethno plugin. When running Ethno in standalone mode, I can set the physical outputs in the Audio/MIDI routing preference. Where do I set what channels each bank in Ethno uses to return audio to Logic? I need to create different volume automation for each of my MIDI tracks in Logic. Thanks!
stephenmayor
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: How to setup multi-timbral Ethno instrument in Logic?

Post by stephenmayor »

I will check out about your problem with some of my colleagues and let you know the exact solution soon.